• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Possible group buy of Lundahl input/phase splitter transformers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So we have;

Myself taking one/two pair.
Nemestra taking one board.
Dsavitsk taking one pair.
korneluk taking three/two pairs.
Cobra2 taking three/two pairs.

Which gives a grand total of 16pairs.

Just confirm your OK with Stirling/Euros, and I will place my bid. Then all we have to do is wish me luck.

Shoog

Shoog said:
Just confirm your OK with Stirling/Euros, and I will place my bid. Then all we have to do is wish me luck.

I believe that PayPal will take care of the currency conversion -- and I will take care of the PayPal fees, so if that works for you, then I'm good. It looks like £18.00 is just under $36, and I assume PayPal will charge a few % + shipping, which all seems fine.

-d

Shoog said:
The 1517 is described as a linestage output transformer/splitter, but to my mind that simply means that its a bit beefier and a bit more lossy than the traditional interstage transformer (am I wrong ??). Should make an excellent candidate for a parafeed interstage and has excellent specs.
The 1635 and 1660 (lundahl interstages) are considerably larger than the 1517. The 1517 will make a poor interstage. It's intended application is as a SS line Tx driven from a very low source impedance.

The 1635 and 1660 (lundahl interstages) are considerably larger than the 1517. The 1517 will make a poor interstage. It's intended application is as a SS line Tx driven from a very low source impedance.

We worked that out. Were going to use them as input phase splitters (or I am at least).

Anyone reading my last post maybe got confused (like I did). I was confusing the number of pair availble. It will work out at one pair each and one board for nemestra.

I believe that PayPal will take care of the currency conversion -- and I will take care of the PayPal fees, so if that works for you, then I'm good. It looks like £18.00 is just under $36, and I assume PayPal will charge a few % + shipping, which all seems fine.

Paypal is no good for me. My account was locked out a long time ago because of a password error. I never bothered to sort it out.
I have had good results with cash in the post, placing the cash in two envalopes, haven't had any go astray yet.

Shoog

Hi all,

I have made an arrangement with James(nemestra). Thanks for that James. I will pay for the items and have them sent to James.
James will make up the parcels and tell us the postage costs. You will send the money to me and upon receipt the parcels will be sent out.
This arrangement should save us about £16.00 (stirling) in total.

The final auction total is £131.50 (including vat and postage to James).
So the cost to each of us is £16.50(stirling) per pair + postage. Please could you state for James whether you want surface of Airmail. Surface in my experience takes about 6wks to arrive in America, Airmail about 10days. remember Stirling or Euros is acceptable for me - cash in the post works for me.

The next thing you will hear is postage costs from James in about 10 days time.

Shoog

So after one cheque going missing and a long delay, the transformers finally arrived with James. After James 4 pairs and my one pair there are 3 pairs going begging.
Can I just get confirmation of who still wants a pair, and then James can confirm final postage rates.

On the home straight here.

Shoog

Postage

Hi all,

wanted to let you know about postage costs.

I posted Shoog his pair this morning. Postage cost for Airmail Small Packet to Ireland for a 460g weight was £3.18.

Cobra1 in Norway will be the same, may vary by a few pence as the packaging may vary a bit (Royal Mail charges in 20g increments - I don't have scales that accurate). Surface to Norway would be £2.86 and takes longer - not worth the 32p difference. The rest of Europe will be the same.

For dsavitsk - surface (they quote 56 days) is £2.68. Airmail (a few days) is £5.32. Other parts of the US/rest of the world will be the same.

Ok, for any further details on postage let me know. For payment and other arrangements please talk to Shoog.

James

I'm a little late to the game here but am hoping you guys over the pond would be willing to keep this going awhile to help out us Yanks.

Apparently this seller has a boat load of these Lundahls but won't ship to the US due to weight (at least thats what they told me). Currently there are 2 lots of 10 up for auction. This one with a start bid of 50 GBP...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300202056618

..and this one with a start bid of 80 GBP...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10x-Calrec-Vi...5455455QQihZ017QQcategoryZ21145QQcmdZViewItem

I would be very interested in 2 pair (4) transformers.

Please let us know if your willing.

Casey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.