Poor Serbian Man Optical Volume Control

The boards and parts arrived today :snail: :snail: :worship:

So, I am working on putting together my parts order. I can't seem to find anyone who has a 2.2M trimmer. Will I get enough range with a 2M trimmer? I really don't want to have to get the 2M that is available and cob in a 2K resistor to each one. Ughhh there are 8 of them. I have looked at Mouser, Digikey, Newark, and Allied. I am stumped.:xeye:

Can this be wired up as both Balanced and SE, SE just using the + and GND pins of the Balanced connector (i.e. daisy chained?)

DaveM is there any benefit to doing a combined order, Ill can pay you for parts and shipping and trouble if you double up your order?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
CookBook is on the way ;

it will be announced here tomorrow or day after .

instead of 2M2 trimpots - nuttin' ;)

everything will be crystal clear when you read CookBook

btw. Serbian DiyA is spending just part of my time .... still semi-struggling with my back .... and that make me not even remotely semi-functional , not just physically

:rofl:

Thanks for the update. I am more than a bit impatient at this point, though certainly not upset. I have my impass boards populated and missing just one part.... the attenuator;)

I'm sorry to hear your back still has you out of commission. Is this something that will get better or is it one of those injuries that will be with you for the rest of you life? I know from experience that exercise makes a huge difference. Simple back stretches and exercises got me back up and going pretty quickly when I had bruised ribs and torn ligaments in my back

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

I'm sorry to hear your back still has you out of commission. Is this something that will get better or is it one of those injuries that will be with you for the rest of you life? I know from experience that exercise makes a huge difference. Simple back stretches and exercises got me back up and going pretty quickly when I had bruised ribs and torn ligaments in my back

I don't want to be Crybaby , but - double discus hernia certainly is for good :rofl:

periods of nice and effective functionality are mixed with periods of struggle , but that's life .

maybe I'm Chicken , having some doubts in surgery , and maybe is better now than later - but who knows ; Neuro-surgeon himself said to me that's better to prolong it as much I can ......

anyway - 'nuff with Chicken ZM , there is a Teaser - uncompleted CookBook .

I think I'll post either entire file (depending of size ) or link for download - later this evening ....

Attachments

• MachoTeaser.pdf
    111.3 KB · Views: 208
My friend and co-worker had two herniated disks. He had the same feelings about the surgery. In the end he didn't have it. Lots of stretching and gentle recovery over about 2 years and he is pretty well back to his old strength. (I watched him pick up and carry a 7" X 7" X 18' hemlock beam on his shoulder) He will never have the total strength or endurance he had before, but it only slows him down occasionally. Have you had much in the way of message therapy or physical therapy. That is what got my buddy back on his feet.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Tnx Dave for tips ; I know that , and I didn't had severe problems few years ; now I just need time :D

anyway - ' nuff sitting in front of screen , there is altered Teaser Cook Book ;

( may I humble ask any Mod to delete previous one , from my previous post ) .

it's last one posted directly here , next one will be just linked here ( size issues )

Attachments

• MachoTeaserr.pdf
    175.1 KB · Views: 193
Zen,
I have a herniated disk myself & posted earlier in the thread when you first indicated problems & I was going through a debilitating period too. I just had plenty of rest, lying on a sofa using a laptop rather than sitting on a chair,etc. Stayed away from DIY audio & bent over a workbench (I find that one of the worst postures - a higher table is needed). I did get some therapy but what helped quiet a bit was a spine stretcher traction machine in my local therapists office. It decompresses your spine & opens up the space between discs giving instant relief but also seems to give longer term relief also after a number of sessions. To be honest the relief is so good that I nearly considered buying one but luckily my pain is now just about gone - no need for anti-inflammatories, etc

I hope you improve - I wouldn't consider surgery unless you have exhausted everything else - it's too variable in it's outcomes!