(Planning) Rebuilding Manger based system. Would love your thoughts.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Overkill. That's a beautiful 2 way on the first page, but 2005 was a long time ago. What are you listening to these days? I still can't get my head around the whole bending wave thing, but I know it works because I've heard the big Gobel and it sounds fantastic.

Win ISD rejects even the four basic parameters, (mechanical, electrical and total Q plus Fs) so yeah, something's not right. What I'm really after is something with this kind of dynamics and high efficiency that does well from as deep as possible to a 300 Hz crossover in a 65 l sealed box with eq.

Last edited:
Beyma sub to dig real deeeep!

Hi Audiomagnet,

This is the driver for you....!
http://profesional.beyma.com/pdf/12SW1300NdE.pdf

It is a true dedicated sub, despite the 45Hs Fs, its a beast and I have built a pair of sealed 70 litre subs using these guys and they will test the structural integrity of the building you use them in...!
Hook them up to a good 1,000 or 1,500 watt amplifier and prepare to have your definition of tight deep bass redefined.
They will not be able to deliver the upper bass / low midrange performance of the Beyma 12P80 but below 100Hz the reign supreme....
Unless you have the space for a pair of 120 litre sealed cabinets and pop in a pair of these guys....
PD.1850/2
Getting a bit silly now!

There are a few other Beyma drivers that sit mid way between the 12P80 and the 12 sw1300Nd, have a look at the range, they are all great value.

Cheers
Derek.

Attachments

• LA16 unfinished 12 03 13 003.jpg
    LA16 unfinished 12 03 13 003.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 187
  • LA16 unfinished 12 03 13 002.jpg
    LA16 unfinished 12 03 13 002.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 175
PS

Forgot to say,

The above photo's are of my latest ( 3 years) speakers.
They are line arrays with some unique features:

(1) The driver is a fab little creation, a custom 4.5 inch Neo motor, Bending Mode Radiator ( BMR) with an amazing performance and almost zero beaming ie its within + / - 2 dB over a 160 degree radius over most of the audio band!
(2) I have designed the cabinets for On-Wall mounting and voiced ( with Eq) the speakers to take advantage of boundary reinforcement.
(3) The curved birch ply cabinets are shaped externally and treated internally to enhance the unique BMR characteristics.
(4) Zero crossover or any passive components at all.
(5) Only some DSP Eq ( applied at source in JRiver media) required to voice the speakers.
(6) All the usual Line Array benefits of high sensitivity, low distortion, detail and stable SPL independent sound stage.

Plus they don't take up any floor space and look cool!
Cheers
Derek.

Plus the usual Line array

I already placed my order for 2x Hypex AS2.100 and plan on going the Beyma 12P80Nd route (how could I say no?). I am going to implement this step-by-step so as to maximize the amount of time I have a functional system and to learn and re-learn what I am doing along the way. I'd also like to make sure my Peerless system is at its best (without investing too much work into it) so I can fully appreciate the difference between it and the Beyma.

I'll post a build thread for the sake of my apparent vanity(!) and in case anyone is interested and surely will have many questions along the way.

It is kind of amazing to see what has changed in the past decade and what has more-or-less stayed the same.

One more thanks to all that helped in this thread and via PM.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.