Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

The time windows are there because the watson lab model 10's are in the shop. Not for me to fix those gems.

The plinth is a custom Panzerholz, Baltic Birch and a layer of Aluminum. The "feet" are nothing more than 2" tall and 3" diameter steel bar stock. The rack is weighed down with about 300 pounds of stuff, and the thin walled "legs" are backed with duct seal!!!

F5T V1 choke input edition

finally in operation after a very difficult birth

Attachments

• 2014-10-28 19.48.43.jpg
    2014-10-28 19.48.43.jpg
    849.5 KB · Views: 2,170
  • 2014-10-28 20.55.55.jpg
    2014-10-28 20.55.55.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 2,031
Here is my latest. Just in the process of biasing, and the faceplate needs to be straightened out, but that's just adjusting some screws..... the bias still wanders a little, and I think the noise I complained about now, is probably sloppy wiring.

Will show guts soon. The heatsinks are 2 pieces 10"x10" each side. There are 4 pairs per channel, and it's doing about 90 watts with 50 deg heatsinks.

Oh F ZAPPA! Such a music man. Nice finish!

front end
Basis Ovation (updated last year) with Airtangent Reference and Lyra Titan i
DDDAC 1794 dac wioth BP designed choke input psu
Studer A80 with selfbuilt choke input psu´d tube buffer
Lyra Erodion and S&B mc transformers
self build Thorsten Loesch designed LCR RIAA with 47kg Borderpatrol designed choke input psu..LC LC LC LC on both rails......DEAD QUIET
S&B TVC with remotecontrolled SEIDEN switches, stepper motors and belts
remote assy delivered by Chapman at Bent Audio
BP designed all out 6s45p IT 300B 2 chassis monos 50kg
TAD 2001 in Autotech JMLC full rollback 1400 nextel paint
TAD 4001 in Autotech JMLC full rollback 270 nextel paint smother sounding than shiny finish
2x Front loaded midbasshorns with Jbl 2220B alnico
custom designed SUB horn with eighteensound LW1400
subhorn lowpassed actively @75Hz 24db oct and driven by selfbuilt Holton 800 mono
sensitivity@20Hz is 92 db @30 102db will easily deliver 130db continuous @30 given the power
above 75 all is 12 db passive 24 db acoustic crossovers with Northcreek 8 or 10awg coils, Mundorf silver in oil and Duelund cast Lpad
sensitivity 112db from 75 to 22K
x/o freq 600/8K
so far all above 75 driven by 300B, but will test active LP of midbasshorns with either F5T choke input or NagraVPA amps

all is silver wired with cotton or silk sleeves...no shielding, even from arm to RIAA

still room for improvement

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my latest. Just in the process of biasing, and the faceplate needs to be straightened out, but that's just adjusting some screws..... the bias still wanders a little, and I think the noise I complained about now, is probably sloppy wiring.

Will show guts soon. The heatsinks are 2 pieces 10"x10" each side. There are 4 pairs per channel, and it's doing about 90 watts with 50 deg heatsinks.

Is that a DCM Time Window I see? :-D

I have to ask, what make are those two coffee can sized filter caps :)

Hello,

Those caps are nichicon super throughs. 80V 22,000uf. They are there because I have 2 60V rails so my "ground" is at 30V. These caps are the coupling caps to the speakers and although not the optimal setup they will pass plenty of the low stuff and have a dual purpose of protecting my speakers from any unfortunate learning experiences along the way!

Cheers.