Pictures of the 2SK1058/2SJ162?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Viktor, do not blame your country for not being able to solve your problem with wanted MOSFET-s.For order under 150 Euros there no any custom duties-want your order to be sent by ordinary air-mail, not special service like DHL,UPS etc. since they are sometimes charge high amounts of money.

I think that you should go as soon as possible to your (and mine) electronic part supplier "Radio Klub"and buy lateral MOSFET-s you have been trying to find for a long time.

I bought at a.m. store 2sk1058 and 2sj162 -6 pieces of each polarity.162's had Hitachi logo written on it and were Taiwan made,1058's had no any logos and were made in Malaysia (seen by 40x magnification microscope inside left corner circle).

Pin configuration was correct for laterals-GSD with copper tab connected to S. According to my measurements( 200ma current) Vgs of 1058 's were about 1.2V ( datasheet max. is 1.5V). Matching between each samples of the same polarity was very close -1 to 1.5 %.

Matching between P and N is not so important, but in my case it was about 2%. Source resistors are not necessary with such a good matching.

Lateral fets produce only three manufacturers , and all types have almost identical characteristics. It is not possible that some "fakers" put X lateral into Y package since it is not profitable. Fake laterals are in fact verticals with false manufacturer and part no.

Recently, I have received 2sj 79 Renesas lateral mosfets from Farnell, they are Taiwan made and without any logo. They measure well, and I believe are originals since Farnell is known as a supplier of genuine but not so cheap components.

We, who live in Europe should always use European transistors if they are suitable for given circuit.They are cheaper and not so 'fakeable' as Japanese semiconductors.

Farnell-

kamis said:
We, who live in Europe should always use European transistors if they are suitable for given circuit.They are cheaper and not so 'fakeable' as Japanese semiconductors.

Farnell- [/B]

but what would be european equivalent of japanese 2sc5200 ?

i even can say we (european) have not good transistors for audio (high Uce, high Ic, high power)

Cost of an MJL device is around €10/pc in this country, the 2SJ162/2SK1058 are about €6 each.
If i get them from the US i'll pay a high mailing cost bonus and may have to pay silly import fees on top of that, but the J162/K1058 only cost €2.50 the piece.
Economy of scale applies everywhere, i always buy much more than i need immediately, as a result i've got as much or more obsolete devices than the likes of Borbely and friends.
(and regret i've not bought twice as much every time over the last couple of decades)

tomahauk said:

but what would be european equivalent of japanese 2sc5200 ?

i even can say we (european) have not good transistors for audio (high Uce, high Ic, high power)

It is a sad fact that buying semiconductors for audio is a kind of lottery. Copies of various components are getting better every day.Even serious suppliers get fake parts sometimes.
2SC5200 is probably the most often copied power transistor-same for the only real competitor MJ 21193/4.The more expensive component-the more attractive for faking.
There are many less attractive but very good European and American semiconductors types, mostly low and medium power transistors.Low noise ,high gain types(BC184C,BC 550c etc)replace dozens of Jap. parts.
BD 139 is an all time slassic for drivers,discrete preamps and as a pass transistor in voltage regulators.
Less known Philips BD827/828 complementary pair compete all Japanese hard to find high beta, high ft. medium power transistors.
European and American suppliers sell Japanese or'Japanese' transistors according to bare numbers eg.2SC2238,2SA970etc.
Some of them do not even know nothing about gain groups(bl,gr y.o,s,etc). You never know what you will get. On the contrary
BD,BC ,BF etc. always come with tightly defined gain groups.

left genuine, right fake ...
fake also has a strange behaviour when you want to measurre the diode from the middle pin of the j162 to the right.....
fake for sure

Attachments

• genuine fake_res.jpg
    genuine fake_res.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 959
Re: !

viktor1986 said:
I finlay bought 2SK1058 and 2SJ162 in my country!I found then in Silken electronic.Renesans is manufacture.

Mosfets i bought from Radio Klub and the same parts you bought from Silken came from the same source -Dutch company Nedis. I think they are genuine in spite of not so good reputation of that company.You did not accept my advice, but at the end find the same solution after wasting your time .Power amplifier you are planning to build is not good enaugh - search the net for better projects using laterals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.