Pictures of the 2SK1058/2SJ162?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, recently I'll be going to a local store (pacificsemi in vancouver) to hopefully buy some of these parts. (Real reason is that I need some mica insulators for my amplifier, nobody else sells them in town)

Now, in the past they sold me fake transistors (the mentioned mosfets and 2sc3281/2sa1302) and I'm skeptical that they would be selling genuine Rensas devices.

I got a hold of some genuine Hitachi 2sk1058/2sj162 but was wondering if the renesas version looks different.

Is there anybody with a picture of a genuine renesas k1058/j162?

whalefat said:
Hi, recently I'll be going to a local store (pacificsemi in vancouver) to hopefully buy some of these parts. (Real reason is that I need some mica insulators for my amplifier, nobody else sells them in town)

Now, in the past they sold me fake transistors (the mentioned mosfets and 2sc3281/2sa1302) and I'm skeptical that they would be selling genuine Rensas devices.

I got a hold of some genuine Hitachi 2sk1058/2sj162 but was wondering if the renesas version looks different.

Is there anybody with a picture of a genuine renesas k1058/j162?

I am interested to see them.Please does anybody has picture of orininal renesans 2Sk and 2SJ transistors???

!

AndrewT said:
Hi,
mine say malaysia bf7, df8 etc in the top left indent.
The b & 7, d & 8 are repeated in the other two indents.

There is no Hitachi nor Renesas logo.

Hmmm...

In my country I found 2SK1058 and 2SJ162.There is not hitachi,renesans logo on them.Only K1058 and 5K1 and nothing else.Price is 5.2euro each.I think that they are fake.

Hi Victor,
I think the number in the lower right hand corner is the date code.

Do you have the three indents in the front face? They are shown as small circles in the Hitachi datasheet. The same sheets do not refer to any of the markings.

What is written in them?

One example I have has indent1: MALAYSIA BF7 indent2: B indent3: 7

!

AndrewT said:
Hi Victor,
I think the number in the lower right hand corner is the date code.

Do you have the three indents in the front face? They are shown as small circles in the Hitachi datasheet. The same sheets do not refer to any of the markings.

What is written in them?

One example I have has indent1: MALAYSIA BF7 indent2: B indent3: 7

Yes there are three small circles.Nothing is not write in them!Here is the picture.You will se only two circles but it's tree on transistor.

Attachments

• 2sk1058(fake or not).jpg
    2sk1058(fake or not).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,823
Hi Dx,
nice pics, almost good enough to read the bigger letters in the indents, second from left has a 7 or V in the bottom one.
Can you read us the codes in the circles?
I get the impression they look exactly like my LFETs.
The moulded corners look a bit squarer than Victor's and the indents look deeper.

Could you post a pic of the end of the moulding where the middle pin pokes through? Side lighting will show up the different mould marks well.

What makes you think they are fake ?

Renesas Transistors do not have any other marking than the type number (K1058) and the lot code (5K1 in your case).

The 3 circles are indents from the ejector pin to remove the transistor from the encapculation mold (the black coloured stuff, which is powder filled epoxy)

The package type is Japanese equivalent of TO3P. It looks OK to me. The only way to tell is to measure them (e.g. Vgs at 1A).

Patrick

It should be noted that these are quite difficult to fake, and you can test for it if you know what to look for:
1) Source is on the middle pin and tab
2) There are anti-series connected 14V zeners between gate and source
3) There is an antiparalel diode between source and drain
4) The treshold voltage is below 1V and this is the hard part to fake as this is almost unique to laterals. It is very easy to check for using the diode test position available on most DVMs, by connecting drain and source together, then testing for a diode drop between S+G and D (in the reverse polarised direction) or about 0.8-1V in the normally polarised direction.
5) If your DVM has a diode check position, you can also test for MOSFET action - by charging the gate with a positive or negative voltage (just a touch of the DVM probes to the MOSFET pins should be enough), then subsequently measuring the voltage drop between S and D. The gate capacitance is sufficient to retain on or off state for a minute!

Hi,
it is written
indent1: MALAYSIA BF7 indent2: B indent3: 7
if these really are push out holes to allow demoulding then the lettering must have been added after removal from the moulding process, otherwise a postive impression would have been left in the indents. It is difficult to tell without a microscope but I think my lettering is negative i.e. scribed/stamped.

A faker is hardly likely to invest in micro writing machinery if their only incentive is to maximise illegal profit.

!

jackinnj said:
On the Renesas Units it says something like "Malaysia C4" -- but I had to get a photographic loupe out to read the numbers.

Jackinnj sorry but I can not buy thoso mosfets from you becasuse my stupid country,of course Serbia.

If the transistors are $32,i must to pay 47euro for transistors and for fee and about 50euro for customs station!This is 100E!!!ou what a fuc.ing country!

:bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.