Picture of DCD1500 inside

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
interested ?

;-)

Regards

Jobstens

Attachments

• dcd1500.jpg
    dcd1500.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,244
Thanks a lot, this is what I liked to know.

There are no conversion chips, but two mono os filters with parallel data in/out, and that parallel data comes from some Sony smd chip.

I think I will try SM5803 with 20 bit output --> Denon 20bit seriell-parallel conversion chip --> PCM53 ( only use first 16 bit )

But the player could be used to test how is 2 x PCM53...
Maybe I should get one on eBay.

Between 1 kHz and 6 kHz the PCM53 is a little bit noisy in this Teac player with one chip for both channels and I do not know if it is the chip or the implementation ( :D )
I hope the noise will disappear when 1 chip is used for each channel, and there is nothing hidden under the noise.
It is not that bad, just -60dB instead of -65 dB noisefloor related to the -60dB signal.

PCM53@ZD700.jpg

Re: DCD1500

tttking said:

What do you think if I drop the PSSL on the CX23035 low and take serial data out and built myself a simple non-oversampling DAC in the DCD1500 case? Maybe then replace the clock with an XO too?

What is PSSL ?
I had a problem with bypassing the CX23034 os chip, driving the DAC directly from the 23025.
The sampling frequency was stronger than the signal when playing -60dB 1 kHz.
Original analog filter for 2x or 4 x os remained in the circuit.

Furthermore, when I did a test with my newer spectrum analyzer, the 44,1 kHz sampling frequency + sidebands somehow transformed themselves into the measuring window that was 0 - 10 kHz or 0 - 20 kHz.
With a window of 50 kHz or 100 kHz, the 44,1 kHz is in the right place.
This did not happen with my older analyzer.

Thank you for your reply.

The DCD1500 raises PSSL pin high on the CX23035 to output data in parallel instead of serial mode. The paralell data were fed into an SM5901 parallel filter (instead of the CX23034), then to the PCM54 parallel DAC. I was hoping that by dropping the PSSL pin low on CX23025, it will ouput serial data directly from CX23035 to a TDA1543A. Do you think the higher out level of CX23035 may cause problem? Was the serial output level that you measured for CX23035?

Another thing, Do you think the DCD1500 transport is good enough for a decent CD player?

tttking said:
Thank you for your reply.

The DCD1500 raises PSSL pin high on the CX23035 to output data in parallel instead of serial mode. The paralell data were fed into an SM5901 parallel filter (instead of the CX23034), then to the PCM54 parallel DAC. I was hoping that by dropping the PSSL pin low on CX23025, it will ouput serial data directly from CX23035 to a TDA1543A. Do you think the higher out level of CX23035 may cause problem? Was the serial output level that you measured for CX23035?

Another thing, Do you think the DCD1500 transport is good enough for a decent CD player?

The output of the CX23035 lies in the digital domain therefore it has no absolute value. The output level is no different from the output of any other 16 bit audio ic.

Re: Re: DCD1500

Bernhard said:

What is PSSL ?
I had a problem with bypassing the CX23034 os chip, driving the DAC directly from the 23025.
The sampling frequency was stronger than the signal when playing -60dB 1 kHz.

I was not sure that I quite understood your comments about the sampling frequency is stronger than the signal. Would you please explain what problem it actual causes when you try to drive a DAC directly from CX23035?

rfbrw said:

The output of the CX23035 lies in the digital domain therefore it has no absolute value. The output level is no different from the output of any other 16 bit audio ic.

I apologize that I did not read Bernhard's remark as carefully as I should. I am trying to understand the problem he had when atempting to drive a DAC directly from CX23035. Actually, that's exactly what I would like to do.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.