• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

These are my Dynaco M125 monoblocks with upgraded Myflex coupling caps. This was my first amplifier and soldering project, I plan on making full custom chassis in the near future. These sound incredible and have huge headroom (and power consumption)

PXL_20220130_223523787.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
I do believe we had a conversation about this going wayyyy back... love the Mid-Century Modern thing you have going, but just not feeling it from the two UFO lamps. Suggestion is to send me everything from fish to speakers to Garrard to amplifiers (including the tuner on the shelf) to antelope to bookends (nice!) and clock -- I will dispose of it all in an environmentally safe manner. You can keep the lamps and flat panel as a new starting point.

All kidding aside, I like how the green hammer tone pant, the mirrored builds, and Simpson ammeters just work so well together and adds to an already impressive build.

I do believe we had a conversation about this going wayyyy back... love the Mid-Century Modern thing you have going, but just not feeling it from the two UFO lamps. Suggestion is to send me everything from fish to speakers to Garrard to amplifiers (including the tuner on the shelf) to antelope to bookends (nice!) and clock -- I will dispose of it all in an environmentally safe manner. You can keep the lamps and flat panel as a new starting point.

All kidding aside, I like how the green hammer tone pant, the mirrored builds, and Simpson ammeters just work so well together and adds to an already impressive build.
I really appreciate your comments!

I finally bothered to finish the 6P36S rebuild... I swapped the cathode leads on t he right channel and had 500mA going through the tube but quickly fixed that and so far so good :)

This one is using ~ 1k3:8R for output ratio and linear unregulated supply for 12V using 9V-0V-9V FW into MBR6045 diode into 6x15000uF UCC LBV caps (it's about 11.6V I think). HV comes from my typical dblquad board.
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMv0NwlthflBi2D7xRGVbLZ7NA90g3n%2B0yo=

Attachments

• 2022-02-12 13-18-54.JPG
    2022-02-12 13-18-54.JPG
    827 KB · Views: 294
  • 2022-02-12 13-28-06.JPG
    2022-02-12 13-28-06.JPG
    420.7 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2021
Paid Member
I finally bothered to finish the 6P36S rebuild... I swapped the cathode leads on t he right channel and had 500mA going through the tube but quickly fixed that and so far so good :)

This one is using ~ 1k3:8R for output ratio and linear unregulated supply for 12V using 9V-0V-9V FW into MBR6045 diode into 6x15000uF UCC LBV caps (it's about 11.6V I think). HV comes from my typical dblquad board.
https://www.mouser.ca/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMv0NwlthflBi2D7xRGVbLZ7NA90g3n%2B0yo=
Great modular design! 1.3k is quite low, what B+ are you using?

Soon I will finish my new tube headphone amp - my first headamp with output transformers! I call it CFPPHA
as "cathode feedback push pull headphone amp" :cool:

Its very small, just 18x13x4,5cm stainless steel laser-cut chassis, and very simple... ECC803S diff stage with TL431+2N5551 CCS as input and fixed biased ECC802S as PP class A output with 12% cathode winding. Apart local nfb, it has also 10dB of global negative feedback. It contains also MOS+LM317 regulated +220V and LM337 slow turn on -25,5V PSU all in one PCB! Internals:

Output power is ~0,1-0,5W RMS into 32R or 250R outputs. Output transformers are of my own design and winded on order. They consists of 4 series primaries sections, 2 parallel tapped secondaries and 3 paralel balanced cathode windings. Primaries+cathode windings together results as 21k "Raa-Rkk" load. Its relative "big" silicon grade oriented steel cores EI60/21, go as far as 3Hz -3dB!

I have not measured THD yet as I am still working on PSU for this and also tweaking amount of nfb. It will have remote transformer in separated adapter-like case, because of EM hum in opts for excellent S/N results. More images:

Reactions: 3 users