• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

I decided to start my TU-8100 tonight... And finished it!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Done and documented: now I can destroy it.

Attachments

• DSCN1998.jpg
    DSCN1998.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 1,158
  • DSCN1999.jpg
    DSCN1999.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 1,116
  • DSCN2004.jpg
    DSCN2004.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 1,080
  • DSCN2007.jpg
    DSCN2007.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 1,020
Thanks, MHouston!

Sodacose: How do you like the Transcendar OPTs?

I don't have a true point of comparison for the RH84 with other OPTs, but the amount of bass this little amp kicks out is really very impressive. Detail, midrange, and treble are all excellent. I don't know how much is due to the OPTs and how much to the design, but I'm very happy with the Transcendars. Very good build quality and quick delivery.

I actually saved all the lead cut-offs and reused wherever possible because they appeared to be much higher quality than the rest of the hook-up wire I had on hand. If the copper in the transformer is as good as the stuff on the outside, I'd call these a deal.