• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

My Entry: No-Compromise OTL Tube Headphone Amplifier from Andrea Ciuffoli

This is my version of the "No-Compromise OTL Tube Headphone Amplifier" from Andrea Ciuffoli. I figured the compromise is that this is my first shot at building something like this (and it shows). Thanks to everyone on this forum! I learned much from you guys. I am no expert, but it sounds great to me. Enjoy!

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 1,804
  • amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    639.3 KB · Views: 1,664
Last edited:
This is my version of the "No-Compromise OTL Tube Headphone Amplifier" from Andrea Ciuffoli. I figured the compromise is that this is my first shot at building something like this (and it shows). Thanks to everyone on this forum! I learned much from you guys. I am no expert, but it sounds great to me. Enjoy!

i like it ! love the industrial look that Lowpoke is talking about.

1626 Darling/12v6 combo TOY

This is just a toy built for the bedroom flatscreen. Really nice clear sound, I prefer to use the 12v6 as it has a bit more punch.

The wood sides are solid Black Walnut, and it came out nice.

The pinouts are virtually the same, but to use the 12v6 strap pin 4 to 5 for triode mode, or run pentode mode switched to the B+.

Attachments

• stuff 016.jpg
    stuff 016.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 1,425
  • stuff 007.jpg
    stuff 007.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 1,311
  • stuff 010.jpg
    stuff 010.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 1,104
Last edited:
RE: Knobs

Hello, Dave

Knobs from an HKx30 series receiver?
Yes, you are correct the knobs are from an old HK 300A I had for many years, and then replaced it with my 300B when it died.
I finally, started to use parts from her carcass (to nice to throw away).

Then 2 years ago, the 300B's power NPN's fried, so I upgraded with a somewhat more powerful quad of new Sanken NPN's and have not had any issues since.
With the new quad installed, power has increased five fold and wow, that class A sound is nice (even tho SAND).:shhh:

I prefer the sound from the tube's overall because the detail's in the music passages shine even with 1/3 watt. :cool:

Thank You for looking, there will be much more to come in the near future.

Michael (mltube)

Last edited:
Nicola's 6EM7

just finished a little triode amp for my nephew..
I'm getting almost 3 Watt's out of the Telly tubes.
a bit of the insides.
I use a LED as bias on the first stage.
amaaaazing.:eek:
the amp is upside down in these pics.
the pcb,s are bolted to the top cover
I was going to call it GG7 (as you can see on the top of the pic)
But I lasered the front panels the wrong way around...:confused:

Attachments

• DSCN0183.JPG
    DSCN0183.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 2,007
  • DSCN0182.JPG
    DSCN0182.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 1,922
Last edited:
My first amp project

After 6 months! its done my first tube amp...Tublelab SSE with EH KT88'S, resprayed Mars iron, VT4C Chassis and knobs and hardware store handles:)

Attachments

• DSC00040m.jpg
    DSC00040m.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,902
  • DSC00045m.jpg
    DSC00045m.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,811
  • DSC00044m.jpg
    DSC00044m.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,717
Last edited:
After 6 months! its done my first tube amp...Tublelab SSE with EH KT88'S, resprayed Mars iron, VT4C Chassis and knobs and hardware store handles:)

Great work with the Tubelab Simple SE. I think you have the most beautiful one ;) Can you give us feedback on the SSE ? How does it perform compared to other gear you heard ? Maybe you can post the details on the tubelab section :)

Again, she is beautiful :)

Great work with the Tubelab Simple SE. I think you have the most beautiful one ;) Can you give us feedback on the SSE ? How does it perform compared to other gear you heard ? Maybe you can post the details on the tubelab section :)

Again, she is beautiful :)

Well thanks for the kind words from everyone, much appreciated:)..I tried to build a project that looked vintage and modern at the same time so alot of thought went into the overall design....and having a wonderfull SSE circuit as a starting point you really cant go wrong;)...I also left plenty of chassis room for upgrades ie bigger output trannies, motor run caps etc...i haven't totaled up the cost but between 1k and 1.5k maybe and the strong aussie dollar helps

well back to listening