• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

LL1674 in wood enlosure as passive output stage

Hi guys
Another use of Lundahl transformer in an solid wood enclosure
This time the LL1674 as a passive outputstage in my CDP

3.jpg

Please follow the complete built tread here if you are interested
HiFiForum.nu - Pix - CD-X Passivt utgångssteg (raka rör)

Ideas and inspiration came from:
Passive output

V-bro, sorry I don't have any scope available right now. I will check out if I can borrow one for some measures.

Regards
Pix
Sweden

Parallell SE

My first amp ever. (Scratch built, because I think kit's are just to boring... :D)

Mixing some ideas of my own with ideas stolen from variuse threads on this forum. (Powerdrive, Baby Huey etc.)

This was built on a budget, as i'm currently more or less unemployed. I spent about 200 euro on it. Very happy with the result, first impression this far is that it sound just fantastic. :cloud9:

Uses triode strapped CV4014 (mil. version of EF91) for drivers.
3 x triode strapped 6P1P-EV (parallelled) for finals.
IRF710 n-ch mosfet in various places.

HT: 120VA 1:1 isolation toroid (I simply added a 50v winding my self on top for the -57v supply).

OTP: Cheap china iron (Mars I think).

Topplate is 3mm 4106/5005 aluminum.

And everything point to point wired.:yes:

/Leif

Attachments

• Bild.jpg
    Bild.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 1,634
  • pse.JPG
    pse.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 2,528
Mini Tube Amp

Hello everybody,

About 4 years ago i build an Mini 2x2 watt Tube amp based on the famous
EL95 and the very uncoventional PC900 mini hf triode as driver.
The EZ80 rectifier and power supply capacitors are also housed inside the unit but the A.C transformer is external though.
The EM87 magic eye is for volume indication.
The total size of the unit is 17x10.5 cm, and it fits on top of your hand.
The sound is acceptable but lacks power for large room sizes and is a little short of low frequency response because of the cheap output transformers.
But it is a very fuctional amplifier for my laptop computer and the amp is hooked up to 2 small KEF bookshelf speakers and this significantly boosts the laptop experience.

Feel free to comment on the design but this was one of my fist projects ( i was 18 when i build this thing )

Attachments

• DSCF3037.JPG
    DSCF3037.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCF3032.JPG
    DSCF3032.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 592
  • DSCF3031.JPG
    DSCF3031.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 723
Circuit

Thanks everybody,

It took me alot of time to find the old hand drawn schematic (somewhere very deep in a file cabinet, and scan it into my computer and resize it.
But i found it so enjoy

Hope everybody can read it or else i will post the picture as a file to download

Attachments

• Circuit-EL95SE.gif
    Circuit-EL95SE.gif
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,516
Other retro amps

I also build 2 solid state amps in the last years wich one of them is also
almost a complete solid state version of this little tube amp but then with germanium devices.
Kind of gives a cool feeling listening to Aretha franklin or Otis redding on these amps.

See the "post your solid state pics" section on page 130 for some inside pictures of these amps maybe you like to see a 60's and 70's amp build with modern materials.

Greets

homebrew KT66

Hello fellow tube enthusiasts...
I see some of these pictures and alot of these amps are so cool and gives me the motivation to build some more amps....love the warm sound and glow.
Been a tube guy for 3 decades now, transformed alot of transistor guys and made alot of amps for them.
I like to share one of my best amps, many of audiophiles and newbies tried to buy, borrow and steal this amp from me. Has hammond iron, 1% metal film resistors and polyester signal caps, (orange drops), LCR caps. Tube recification, fixed bias and fixed screen supplies, could go UL but regulation follows plates and sound losses punch and accuracy. Uses 4 Shuguang kt66, 6c4 phase splitters and 12ax7 as gain stage. I could use the 12au7 for the phase splitter but like the 6c4 for its isolation of its desired channel plus no cross talk or signal injection that occurs with dual triodes. There isn't much more to this, this is the simplist amp with the least amout of components and in my opinion the best sounding amp i heard in my 40 years of this hobby...Im new with attahing pictures so I hope this works, if not anyone intrested, shoot me a email and i can send you picture and schematic and you can build your own. Soundude@GMail.com
Fellow audiophiles, if i post a amp and or schematic, its proven and built and I have in operation for over a year, i believe in completeing and sharing not trial and error.
Will try to post some of my others projects and amps, happy listening.
John
IMG_4448.jpg

Good day! I offer you a headphone amplifier Sennheiser HD580, Class A triode 6s45p. Also rack-integrated CD player Cambridge Audio 540C v2. Forgive my spelling, typing with the help of a translator .. Sincerely, Vlad.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

81e1c6df9bca.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

a68b1aa1b608.jpg