• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Hi
My latest DHT preamp using NiCD filament supply
final1.jpg

For those reading swedish, follow the link below to read the complete built thread:
HiFiForum.nu - Pix Denchi - En strong 80-åring

Regards
Pix
Sweden

Can I get some bacon and make it a BLT!:D

Hi guys, my latest project,

the OddWatt KT88 amp, but I didn't buy the kit, I build it myself. Here are some pics. Great amp 25 watts per channel UL sounds the best ever heard.

Attachments

• my amp in it´s place.jpg
    my amp in it´s place.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,698
  • top.jpg
    top.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,696
  • under the hood complete.jpg
    under the hood complete.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,693
Hallo everybody,

yes I love my amplifier. I am thinking of redoing it in favor of my thermal delay tubes, I got two of those and I really want t use the to have B+ somewhat 30 seconds delayed, they are cool. And I would do some things different, maybe I buy another Hammond and do it again.

Greetings from Holland

Ben

hello.
well i am from india.all the good work you have been doing seems like a dream for diyers like me in india.
your work is fantastic.
i have decided in making a horn loaded speaker for me just waiting for the proper time and financial adjustment for purchasing fostex 206e. customs and other taxes double the cost here making it next to impossible acquiring such stuff.
finally please guide me as which tube amp would be suitable for driving theses horn loaded drivers.i am not technically sound so would like help from you. what output should i be looking at 206e is rated at 90 watts RMS. so should i go for 6L6GC Push Pull twelve tubes amp, or 833se from tube lab. i am confused also i don't understand the many ac outputs from transformers. i have assembled a lm3886 based 300 watts rms amp it runs good, but it seems far more easier than assembling a tube amp.
another thing i have heard that tube amps don't have solid bottom end. please guidee

Pixman, you have stolen my idea!!! I have glued together a block of some rainforest tree and will carve out the block with a router and leave space/place for a 5998A-amp.

Nice build anyhow, or as said the the language of the heroes and honour - "Djävligt snyggt bygge!"

said the the language of the heroes and honour - " Tack Magnus, titta över så får du lyssna på grejjerna" :D

Regards
Pix

Hi everyone, first time posting a tube amp project here.

This is a Bijou headphone amplifier, designed by Cavalli Audio. The case was designed, built and finished by me. I had a lot of help from my friend Dennis at O&M Engineering, who plasma cut some of the holes on the plate and welded and fly-cut my top plate after I accidentally converted a blind hole into a through hole. Naturally, as I was doing the wiring, I noted several improvements I could have made to the layout, but fortunately I do not hear hum or hiss. Live and learn!

Features
-Regal Mods
-410µF photoflash Rubycons for C5
-1µF Obbligato Golds for C6
-10µF Solen Polypropylene for C1
-Alps RK40 Attenuator
-Shielded signal wiring
-AMB ε24 driver circuit & σ24 companion transformer board (allows the use of momentary push button switch to latch relay)

The frame is pine, rabbeted inside edges on top and bottom and joined by glued miter joints (next time - glue + screw + filler). I used Krylon primer, cherry red topcoat and clearcoat. The top plate is hand-polished aluminum.

BijouFinal011.jpg

BijouFinal013.jpg

2-11-2010014.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys
Pictures of my SUT (Step up MC X-former) using Lundahl LL9206

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Please read the complete built tread here (in Swedish):
http://www.euphonia-audioforum.se/forums/index.php?showtopic=7788

Regards
Pix
Sweden

Gosh that is a beautiful machine!

Did you by any chance make some scope measurements with square wave? I would really love to know how linear those X-formers are...