• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Phonoclone and VSPS Group Buys

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
It works, you just have to replace "at" with the "@" mark...

In other news I have all but run out of the original 2 uF Arcotronics MKP cap used for C3 in the VSPS300 and Phonoclone3 projects. I've already stocked up on a new MKS cap, but the price will increase from $5 a pair to $6 a pair as a result.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Change of version notice:

From today, shipping VSPS300 and Phonoclone 3 boards revised to "m" and "35c" versions, respectively.

There is very little that is changed. The main thing to address was the difficulty many people had in soldering some components. To this end,

- metal layer thickness reduced from 70 microns to 35 microns.
- thermal isolation applied to all solid fills

other changes,
- layout and silk screen markings adjusted to be more consistent between VSPS and Phonoclone boards
- boards are now finished in matt, rather than glossy, black

Richard

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was off in my estimate by 3 weeks, but anyhow: all 100 VSPS Stereo Kits have now been sold. A big thank you to everyone!

International breakdown of the shipped kits is as follows-

US 45
UK 8
Mexico 6
Australia 5
Germany 5
Canada 4
Italy 4
France 3
Netherlands 3
Brazil 2
Malaysia 2
Sweden 2
Belgium 1
Denmark 1
Finland 1
Ireland 1
Norway 1
Thailand 1
Spain 1
Serbia 1
Poland 1
Singapore 1

Lost in Transit 1

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
People have been asking after the Phonoclone 3 Kits. I give in: I'll go buy more resistors to be able to offer these again. Just give me a couple of weeks to sort it out. I'm also running low on boards, so may be a blackout there as well while I get more.

A couple of people ended up buying boards+parts rather than the kit - if you would like the resistors even if they arrive a bit late, please get in touch with me.

Last edited:
VSPS PCBs

People have been asking after the Phonoclone 3 Kits. I give in: I'll go buy more resistors to be able to offer these again. Just give me a couple of weeks to sort it out. I'm also running low on boards, so may be a blackout there as well while I get more.

A couple of people ended up buying boards+parts rather than the kit - if you would like the resistors even if they arrive a bit late, please get in touch with me.

Dear Richard,
I would like to purchase two PCBs, are they avaiable?
Regards

I was off in my estimate by 3 weeks, but anyhow: all 100 VSPS Stereo Kits have now been sold. A big thank you to everyone!

International breakdown of the shipped kits is as follows-

US 45
UK 8
Mexico 6
Australia 5
Germany 5
Canada 4
Italy 4
France 3
Netherlands 3
Brazil 2
Malaysia 2
Sweden 2
Belgium 1
Denmark 1
Finland 1
Ireland 1
Norway 1
Thailand 1
Spain 1
Serbia 1
Poland 1
Singapore 1

Lost in Transit 1

Richard, where is Russia in your list? :) Mine received, could not be lost in transit:)

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Phonoclone 35f and B-board 10e boards are finished and on their way to me. They are delayed as I was promised Feb 20 delivery.

Backordered Phonoclone 3 kits will ship out by next Monday at the latest. B-board kits perhaps a couple of days later, depending on a parts order I have with Mouser and, given this is the first batch, depending on any unforseen problems that might pop up.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
B-board status update:

Boards check OK. Parts check OK. Sim checks OK.

Just need to build a couple to confirm that sim mirrors reality, and then we are good to go.

The trick here is setting the emitter resistors, since that's a thermal dependence and simulations aren't great modelling thermals. I want to make sure the measured bias currents are in line with what was predicted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.