Phonoclone 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
noelectrix said:
My F5 from cvillers GB worked "out of the box". But i just used the amp boards, cause i had the PS from the Aleph J which also fits the F5. So no pre-fear.
stefan

i just have a little problems with the potential "bass shyness" of F5.
(sorry rjm for ot)

[[OT]]
Bass shyness, are you kidding me? How much capacitance are you using per rail?

I had no idea the F5 was bass shy. Maybe i should scrap everything and build somthing else...

Sorry for the off topic Richard

sorry again for o.t.
Capacitance:I dont have it in mind at the moment, but ist is FW-level.
First of all, i prefer the F5 over the Aleph J. And listening to electronical music, there is no suffering in bass. Having the bandwidth in mind "down to DC".
I Just have the also popular Symasym amp in comparison, which seems "in this single aspect" a bit more "open". Open is in brackets, because we can´t be shure, when the amp beautifies. So i´m not speaking the right wrong or even "authentical"-school.
So please don´t make me sweat, saying "bass shy":) F5 is my preferred amp.

rhysh we can continue per mail, not spamming rjm thread?

best
stefan

Hi everyone, the boards came in today. Only one rather large problem. I had forgotten to select the part names when exporting the gerbers. Becuase of this, there are NO labels on the boards, only the part outlines. I will provide the silk screen on paper so you can see whilst constructing.

Very Very sorry about this everyone. I had used someone elses output file in eagle, instead of using the default one that i usually use.

Hope this is okay with everyone? It wont effect the build at all, except you need to check everything over.

Rhys

My PhonoClone3 PCB are assembled and ready for testing. Just missing the output cap. Not decided yet if I used my stock of BG caps or to go with the AuriCap.

Attachments

• phonoclone3_pcb_completed_s.jpg
    phonoclone3_pcb_completed_s.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 495
Sylvain: Install some pins in there that you can solder easily to. That way you can swap out caps as you please with no damage to either holes, plating or the leads of the caps you use.

Worth it for experimentation. FWIW, I can't see myself removing the ones I put in last. Very nice caps indeed. I'm only sorry i didn't buy a heap of them when I was ordering them anyway.

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.