Philips UCD application note

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i've simulated the circuit with pspice

the result is a very important residue of high frequency on the output load and the sinus voltage in output is shifted down, so i've -40V for the peak negative voltage and only +30V for the positive peak voltage.

i'dont know if this is because i've used some equivalent models instead of philips suggested components or i've do something wrong in the circuit or unfortunately the circuit is really wrong.

the only sure thing however is to phisicaly build the circuit and attach a scope on it :D

classd4sure said:
Well, there's alot of reading you can do in the areas I mentioned, but if you really want to get your feet wet and jump in head first, just build this sucker and use as advised. I wouldnt' expect that performance from it though.

>>>>>>>>>>>This cheapness is likely to be the reason why Philips can't make use of it! So if you want better... you're going to have to dig up a little more on it, but it's all out there.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

EDit: You're not going to want to judge a Hypex version based on this sucker though!

yep.... very true indeed :D but if circuit "tuned" properly, AMP is really GOOD :) all info is OUT there just waiting to be grabbed and explored....:smash:

The overcurrent protection circuit for this application is not included on the main circuit diagram on page 4, nor are the components included on the demo pcb. Probably not essential for simple testing, but useful to try.
The additional circuitry is shown on page 9 --- but I can't see how it works. It looks to me as if the zener diodes D1 and D2 are drawn in reverse - surely not the same polarity for both positive and negative halves?
Or am I missing something?

Steven said:
Philips released its UCD application note.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/acrobat/usermanuals/UM10155_1.pdf

The UcD concept was patented by Philips. However, the use of the IP is granted (without a license fee) to third parties that use the enabling semiconductor components from Philips Semiconductors in their application.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh .. how the heck did I miss this thread/PDF? hehehe maybe Ive been Sooooooooooooo busy .... to read!!

:cannotbe: :cannotbe: :D anyways, hmmmmmm If anything interesting comes up, gonna re DO PCB layout again... 3rd time... :smash:

RX5 said:
so ..... any OTHERS here actually DID the circuit?? :D

why would anyone build something that supposedly doesn't work, per the experts?

actually, why would phillips send out evaluation boards that don't dowk, if the experts are right?

or maybe the experts who insisted that the design doesn't work are really clueless on the subject matter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.