Philips CD304 MK2 help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do have the service manual of the CD304 mkII in pdf
It is 9.8 mb (pse suggest how to get that file to you)

Onno, i am interested in that mk2 pdf, thanks for offering it. Is it possible to put it on a server somewhere for a few days, and send us a link to it? (That's the way a friend of me does when he wants to send me a larger file.)

Bernhard said:

If I recall correctly, it does increase distortion in low level, I tried to stack 1541 and there was a problem, at least visible on the analyzer.

Hi Bernhard

By stacking the 1541 did you stack pin 16 and 17 to ?
Stacking pin 16 and 17 gives with me distorsion.
That's why I used separate clock capacitors of 470p and sync the clocks by 100p between pins 16

What IV did you use after stacking.
I use on the cd304 MKII board the original opamps and schematic
only the resistors between pins 2 and 1 of 1k8 is replaced by 1k.
Not replacing that resistor gives with me distorsion

I have seen in the schematic of the MKII that there is a pull up voltage fed to the input pin 1 (NE5532) via a resistor of 2k7 (etc) coming from an 8 volt regulator(7808).
Do you have any clue why Philips made it that way ?
The only thing I can think of is to put the NE5532 in a higher current offset when there is no output from the dac's at all to get less distorsion and a smoother transient.
I still have to try that out by cutting it.

Onno

I have seen in the schematic of the MKII that there is a pull up voltage fed to the input pin 1 (NE5532) via a resistor of 2k7 (etc) coming from an 8 volt regulator(7808).
Do you have any clue why Philips made it that way ?

Pin 1 Word select is also in CD640/660 hooked on PS rail. It has something to do with a DC level on the logic (schmidt-trigger?) input circuitry of 1541. For more info Onno, see also I2S leveler here on diyaudio: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=366490#post366490

tubee said:

Pin 1 Word select is also in CD640/660 hooked on PS rail. It has something to do with a DC level on the logic (schmidt-trigger?) input circuitry of 1541. For more info Onno, see also I2S leveler here on diyaudio: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=366490#post366490

Hi Tubee,

Thanks for replying.

Sorry that I confused you talking about pin 1

In my post about the voltage fed to the input of the NE5532 opamps I mentioned by mistake pin 1 but it is pin 2 from the NE5532's connected to resp pin 6 (AOR) and pin 25 (AOL) from the TDA1541a.

Regards,

Onno

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.