Philadelphia Experiment

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
What is the consensus? Was this real or just a good sci-fi?
Watched the 2012 documentary, including old videos of supposedly actual individuals involved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207_143453_Tubi.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_143453_Tubi.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20240207_143538_Tubi.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_143538_Tubi.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20240207_143552_Tubi.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_143552_Tubi.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 92
Just good sci-fi. The best sci-fi is based on what is plausible, and then extrapolated from existing science.

Trying to hide Naval ships from RADAR seems very plausible, especially in war time. The temporary rendering of the ship and sailors as optically invisible, is the extrapolation of existing science.

Last edited:
Well Adason, you are going to have to make up your own mind. Information is abundant out there on the extensions of this project. Which was Project Rainbow. The Montauk Project is probably the most significant. I have personally talked to a few people at length who were heavily involved in this project. Many of these have passed away but some are still with us. Duncan Cameron, Al Bielek, Jack Pruitt, and Preston Nichols have all passed on but Stewart Swerdlow is still around. That should give you enough to research for the next year or so!!!

I think it may may had to with generating large amounts of plasma to envelop the whole ship. But high voltages and/or high frequencies were detrimental for humans or board, so many of them were "fried". Hence the whole horror. The rest is sci-fi.

I will.
But i am just asking what is others opinion on this.
Perhaps should make it a poll.
I believe it is true. Without a doubt in my mind. Many facts are warped in the documentary. There are technologies that most people, including us, couldn't even conceive of. Al Beilek is probably the closest but there are things that even he couldn't say. His brother was supposedly Duncan Cameron. There is a whole lot to that. You may also want to look into Preston Nichols. Much of his work can be found in the Montauk books with Peter Moon as editor and publisher. His website is SkybooksUSA.com

While we haven’t discussed them here, supposedly, there were actual Philadelphia local newspaper reports at that time of local drinking establishments being visited by invisible drunken, rowdy sailors that makes the least sense to me. I don’t image sailors who are suddenly, and shockingly rendered invisible, then having the calm notion to go out for a night on the town. I instead imagine them to be terrified out of their minds. For me, how the human figures in outlandish circumstances are reported to behave says a great deal in the absence of objective facts. Does their behavior seem believable, under the supposed circumstances? Suggesting here, that the story is much more fiction, than science.

Last edited:
But this isn't. ;)

ST-TOS-transport.jpg
Has anybody bothered to do the math considering the science-fiction version of "easily" converting a physical mass of a human body completely into energy...get out your calculators people...a mass of 95 kilograms entirely transformed into energy...and don't forget, this energy quantity has to be "manipulated" readily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

Reactions: 1 user
Yes it would involve huge amounts of energy. But the tale of the Philadelphia Experiment is based on the Hutchinson Effect, which is in fact a real phenomenon. And the mechanism of the Hutchinson Effect is to shift the visible electromagnetic spectra in space. It does this with some kind of electromagnetic interference.

So nothing is transformed from mass to energy. And I have no idea how much of the story is fact or fiction. I wouldn't want my body exposed to a large electromagnetic field in an experimental environment, I bet you could have a whole lot of fun with it at a party.

Reactions: 1 user
By the way, your 95 kilo body in the Star Trek universe of an easy conversion into energy gets you Eight trillion, five-hundred thirty eight billion, one hundred seventy four million, one hundred ninety eight thousand Mega-Joules of energy.

Or...looked at another way, the equivalent of a 2040 megaton Hydrogen bomb, a bomb crater the whole of NYC, scooped outta the ground...if you "get it wrong", well then sorry!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick...