PGA2310 Digital Volume Control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And with 18 years of testing, does anyone have an opinion on the PGA2310 / PGA2311 remote controlled volume and input selectors that you can find on eBay? I'm just looking for an easy way to add remote volume control (and change inputs) that won't adversely affect sound quality.

i have ordered one ... it should arrive soon. I have seen some measurements in the web and they are nothing special, well below the potential of the chip itself.
The fact that high end manufacturers have adopted it for their preamps means that the potential for great sound is very real.
The part is very good ... but the actual implementation can be what makes the difference between a decent and a very good sound.

And with 18 years of testing, does anyone have an opinion on the PGA2310 / PGA2311 remote controlled volume and input selectors that you can find on eBay? I'm just looking for an easy way to add remote volume control (and change inputs) that won't adversely affect sound quality.

hi i can speak only for a unit made by weiliang and bought from eBay
after a while my unit has started sending sparks through the line
it is it because i get many noise hitting the case with a finger
i peeped inside it looks well built
i really do not know the origin of the noise maybe a qc issue or bad solder or fake chips?
i have another one coming hope it will be better
nice little unit but i cannot use it

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
...PGA2310 i cannot see PSRR data in the chip datasheet ...

May be similar to PGA2311, below.

Are you planning to feed it bad power?

Attachments

• PGA2311-PSRR.gif
    PGA2311-PSRR.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 686
May be similar to PGA2311, below.
Are you planning to feed it bad power?

hi thanks for the info
actually i was thinking to mod a cheap unit based on it
but i think i will try instead to put a remote control in a normal preamp
i need to control the volume with a remote
these parts are smd and impossible for me
replace the volume control should be less challenging i hope

Sorry for my english ... i meant that i am experiencing electric shocks through the speakers very scaring. I disconnect all immediately.
I will check the markings on the chips asap ... however it looks exactly this one here below
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i am thinking about extracting the bluetooth chip that i do not use at all ...

I have one of the units made by Nobsound /Douk Audio available on Amazon and Ebay (UK). When it works, the sound quality is nothing short of sensational. *When* it works! After about 5 months I started losing one stereo channel, I switched inputs which temporarily resolved the issue, then the new input developed the same fault! Eventually, that input fails completely. Sometimes, after a few days, the input works normally again! A component overheating maybe?

Such a shame, as it's a unique piece of equipment, combining 3 RCA inputs, Bluetooth AND a remote control! Ideal to partner with vintage amplifiers.

Douk replaced the first one but have not responded to my enquiries about the second failed unit. If anyone has any ideas how to fix I'd be mightily grateful.

It would seem to me It is just the inputs....... so reflowing the solder connections on the rca inputs should fix the issue. I ordered on of these off Aliexpress. Still waiting as they seem to take long by the feedback... but feedback in general is quite good on these units.

There should not be much that can go wrong. There are so few parts that one should be able to fix any issue themselves just by changing them, as a project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.