Petp Capacitors-one Of The Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NecroThread.jpg

They make nice power decoupling / smoothing bypass caps, very warm and present sound, In my particular application I'm getting a bigger warmer sound very smooth yet dynamic, Has a big smooth and warm glowing presentation that envelopes the room. Details not as good as some might suggest but there are still plenty there ie; I'm experiencing a slight smoothing of some transients. Bass is more, bass is not on par quality wise than say a PP, but acceptable and maybe worth the trade off, I'm going to keep em in, and bypass them to try to keep some of their qualities. They are beautiful sounding.

I have found the Russian PETP's to be bettter sounding in the signal path than cheap poly's like Solens for example. Bang for buck, they are just about unbeatable. However, if you start getting serious. Dueland cast are the best of the best. Everything else is a compromise. Including Silver Gold Oils, Clarity MR's.

so i replaced a number of caps with petp in my crossover.
no grain, no slack and plenty of detail; remarkable. but still, how do you guys stand the sound? it's way too bright!
pianos and cymbal pop at you like flashing lightbulbs.

has break in been experienced for these caps or should i just go buy the good ol solens?

Status
Not open for further replies.