Peter Daniel's website, is it new or have I missed it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
when building web-pages you should ask or open the web-page on multiple platform's.. not just the one that you choose to use..

WHen ever i showed you my web-pages you always said that there were problems or that they didn't render properly.. well every computer i tried it on worked perfectly like how is should you should seriously try a different one besides i-Cab.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
JasonL said:
when building web-pages you should ask or open the web-page on multiple platform's.. not just the one that you choose to use..

WHen ever i showed you my web-pages you always said that there were problems or that they didn't render properly.. well every computer i tried it on worked perfectly like how is should you should seriously try a different one besides i-Cab.

iCab has nothing to do with the above comment... icab is still my favorite browser thou... it bugs me when i have to go to the backup (i typically have 3 or 4 browsers open) because a page doesn't conform to HTML standards.

For instance, error report from your linked web page.
Altogether 54 errors found. Only 25 errors are listed below.
Error (40/67): Invalid characters in tag or attributes.
Error (40/67): The attribute "/" is not part of HTML.
Error (121/106): Invalid characters in tag or attributes.
Error (121/106): The attribute "/" is not part of HTML.
Error (188/1): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (235/114): Invalid characters in tag or attributes.
Error (235/114): The attribute "/" is not part of HTML.
Error (305/1): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (308/1): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (309/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (312/1): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (359/104): Invalid characters in tag or attributes.
Error (359/104): The attribute "/" is not part of HTML.
Error (426/1): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (427/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (429/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (430/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (431/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (432/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (433/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (434/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (435/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (436/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (437/14): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.
Error (439/1): <SPAN> must not contain block level elements like <DIV>.

dave

Re: Re: oops should have included....

Peter Daniel said:

Actually the name was influenced by Specialized bicycles and I don't really care if they get agressive. I've been using Specialized on my products on and off since 1995.

As you were adviced earlier...watch out. Your logo looks remarkably close to the one of specialized bicycles.

They sure are known to be agressive and more to it. Ive been in the bicycle buisness for roughly 10 years, and though they are not the only company in the bike buisness that are very agressive, they are known to be the most agressive of them all.

There have been examples of huge lawsuits against very small companies.....take my advice and make sure the logo dosnt even have the smell of resemblence with the logo of the bike company. Personally I think I'd think long and hard if its worth the risk to not just come up with a different name and logo. There have been examples of people loosing everything in such cases :(

The reason they are so agressive is most likely that they have a huge design house that designs a lot more than just bicycles. I would be surprised if they had not at some point been involved in audio electronics as well.....and then youre in deep.

Magura:)

As usually you exagerate. This logo doesn't even come close to Specialized (bicycles). As long as I was able to register my domain under that name I will be using it and I don't give a flying **** about them;)

Attachments

• sk-logo-b.gif
    sk-logo-b.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 258
millwood said:
I would suggest a "name" type log. "Specialized Kits" isn't exactly memorable and doesn't project an quality image (in my mind anyway).

You can make up a name (like "Camry" being a made-up name). Just make sure that others haven't registered it.

It is a good advice and eventually my aim. But coming with such name is not an easy task and I don't want to rush things. The name will emerge naturally one day. I was sort of in a hurry, when setting up this website.

BTW, the lettering in my current logo comes pretty close to some other big name in audio. Guess who?;)

it never ceases to amaze me

that so many people want to stick their nose and a lot of other things into other people's business.:apathic:

I would think that Europeans, like myself' would do this more than e.g. Americans, being the real individuals, Americans pretend to be, but .... no way, here it is done as much as anywhere else. :cannotbe:

Before I came here I thought that Americans were individuals and did not bother about other people as long as these 'other's did not need charity but after living in the US for about 4 years I know different. :devilr:

AS long as P.D. does not mind everybody can go ahead with whatever you guys are doing (giving "advise" )
I have only one phrase for those advisers: Thinking that you must all love him so much that you want to help P.D. why don't you all go up to him and live and sleep with him ? :hot:

J-P
It's almost pathetic ......
I also have an advise but then to the advisers leave the man alone, imho I think if this guy needs help, he will ask for it!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.