Performance comparaison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am the kind of guy that always wants to improve and have the best stuff so im asking me more questions :

Can my sound system have a volume remote ?( i saw a bose console that maybe can be a good think but tell me if you think the same way:
Bose® CineMate® 130 Home Theater System | Bose )

Is there a way to set my setup in 5.1 channels?

Do the subs and speakers , are in the best emplacement in my room?

:D thank you

Hi,

You have a pretty decent disco/PA system, but for HT its not up to
much. It goes way louder than you will ever need in that sized room.
Its also very poor at the low end, in terms of HT performance.

However : Do not stack, the tweeters are way too high. Place one sub
1/3 along the back wall and the other 1/3 along the opposite side wall.

If you want to have the best stuff why on earth use a PA system for HT ?

rgds, sreten.

In a PA setup the mains would never be hipassed at 100Hz.
They would be at 35Hz. The sub then then used to bolster
the low bass output probably in its boost mode. Still the
whole lot won't have much bass below about 40Hz.

Last edited:
Hi,

You have a pretty decent disco/PA system, but for HT its not up to
much. It goes way louder than you will ever need in that sized room.
Its also very poor at the low end, in terms of HT performance.

However : Do not stack, the tweeters are way too high. Place one sub
1/3 along the back wall and the other 1/3 along the opposite side wall.

If you want to have the best stuff why on earth use a PA system for HT ?

rgds, sreten.

So youre telling me to place the subs at 1/3 along thé back wall? Could you indicate me where on my drawing see attachement 1), cause English is not my first language and im a bit lost :/

I bought a pa system because its pretty powerful for my music too, and I enjoy the bass :)

And I dont understand what do you mean with my main speakers sry

Attachments

• sketch-1445320845213.jpg
    sketch-1445320845213.jpg
    656.9 KB · Views: 117

Manufacturer datasheet states that the sub operates with a fixed 100Hz lowpass. Putting a 100Hz highpass in there for the tops seems sensible, though it is a little bit of a waste of the 2x15"s.

Chris

You'll get some weird phase relationships between the tops and subs. The mids will be cleaner and the amp will have more headroom with a highpass in place, so I'd keep it. For most music, the subs will be the limiting factor on SPL. That said, with a pair of ported 18"s in a domestic environment, I think they'll be okay.

Chris

Hello,

I would like to buy a 5.2 receiver to convert my setup to an home theater and to control it remotely. However , I don't know if there is receivers with speakon plug .
Also if there's a better console or way to do it , i'll be happy

Speakon plugs are for live sound you won't find it with consumer audio. You can buy the female plugs and the plate to make it yourself. You would have to wire it from the bind post from the reciver to the speakon plug

Speakon plugs are for live sound you won't find it with consumer audio. You can buy the female plugs and the plate to make it yourself. You would have to wire it from the bind post from the reciver to the speakon plug

Alright, and so , how this will be setup?

1: receiver to mixer,...?
2: receiver to behringer amp, to powered subs , to tops?

What do you suggest regardings the consoles i own and everything?

:spin:

Alright, and so , how this will be setup?

1: receiver to mixer,...?
2: receiver to behringer amp, to powered subs , to tops?

What do you suggest regardings the consoles i own and everything?

:spin:

Let me ask you a question. Why do you have the need to hook your home theater receiver to a live sound console?

Is the receiver a preamp or is it integrated with power amp built in?

If it doesn't have pre out you can't connect it to your console.

If you haven't already buy the receiver buy a pre-amp receiver.

The output from the receiver goes into those amps that you have now. The sub out can also go into your sub.

All you have to get not is a matching center channel speakers to match your main.

The rear channel goes into another amp for your rear speakers.

The output from your mixer can go into 1 of the inputs in the receiver such as the CD.

You can still use your amps, speakers.

Those PA speakers required a lot of power to run it. It doesn't have the fidelity as a good home speakers. The electronic in the speakers are not as refined. The stuff that you buy from the box store are lo-end speakers.

If you want quality you might want to get a touring speakers the crossover components are much high quality.

You said that you want high end components, those PA speakers are not high end. It may give you higher SPL, but it will not give you quality sound.

There are a lot of high end speakers that will give you the SPL you want but you'll have to go to a specialty audio dealers. You can't get it from a box store. But get ready to dish out the cash.

If you haven't already buy the receiver buy a pre-amp receiver.

The output from the receiver goes into those amps that you have now. The sub out can also go into your sub.

All you have to get not is a matching center channel speakers to match your main.

The rear channel goes into another amp for your rear speakers.

The output from your mixer can go into 1 of the inputs in the receiver such as the CD.

You can still use your amps, speakers.

Those PA speakers required a lot of power to run it. It doesn't have the fidelity as a good home speakers. The electronic in the speakers are not as refined. The stuff that you buy from the box store are lo-end speakers.

If you want quality you might want to get a touring speakers the crossover components are much high quality.

You said that you want high end components, those PA speakers are not high end. It may give you higher SPL, but it will not give you quality sound.

There are a lot of high end speakers that will give you the SPL you want but you'll have to go to a specialty audio dealers. You can't get it from a box store. But get ready to dish out the cash.

Thanks a lot for all your Explanations. I haven't buy the receiver yet , i just asked befor because i want to control my speakers volume from my couch during movies.

And earlier i sais that i wanted a 5.2 home theater because i want that the subs performs only when there is a need of . ( ex: not when there is dialogue in movies).
'I dont know if that help you to understand me but just let me know :)

Thanks a lot for all your Explanations. I haven't buy the receiver yet , i just asked befor because i want to control my speakers volume from my couch during movies.

And earlier i sais that i wanted a 5.2 home theater because i want that the subs performs only when there is a need of . ( ex: not when there is dialogue in movies).
'I dont know if that help you to understand me but just let me know :)

Make sure you buy a good quality receiver. Most of the top end receiver now are 7.1 or 7.2 or higher. The higher quality will have crossover built in as well as audessy mic to help with speaker placement.

Try accessories4less.com

Make sure you buy a good quality receiver. Most of the top end receiver now are 7.1 or 7.2 or higher. The higher quality will have crossover built in as well as audessy mic to help with speaker placement.

Try accessories4less.com

Thanks for thé link !

I've take à look at thé website and there is so much that I don't know which one would be thé best? Or best price quality :)

Thanks for thé link !

I've take à look at thé website and there is so much that I don't know which one would be thé best? Or best price quality :)

Make sure you buy a preamp so you can use it with your current amp.

I'm a Marantz guy I have the AV7701 it's a few years old. I have the main out to a ME crossover and a Dynaco tube amp to run the mid/hi and a Lexicon power the low end and center channel, Rotel powering the surround.

The turn table and the NAD bluesound all hooks to the Marantz, I have a few tube processors to give me tube sound.

Don't get it with amp built it the power amp in it are usually crap and it will not power your speakers.

Here's my set up the speakers are home made

Attachments

• home theater.jpg
    home theater.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 43
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.