Performance comparaison

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everybody!

I recently bought a sound system for home:

2x Electro-voice ELX215 Dual 15-inch two-way full-range
2x Electro-voice ELX118P Powered 18-inch subwoofer
1x Behringer iNUKE NU3000DSP @220v
1x Denon DJ DN-X600 Professional 2-Channel Digital Mixer

And it sounds great but i do not feel that punchy bass in my old Sony mini hi-fi system...

I was just wondering if i had bought Sony shake music system if it would be more powerful ?( the original package comes with 2 speakers, but it saids that we can party chain stereos together so...)

Thanks for your support ! :)

Could be a wrong setup. Did you check the phase between subs and main speakers? The subs don't seem to have an adjustable phase angle and you're running the main speakers full range I presume. One easy check: if the bass gets better with the subs switched off, you're definitely in phase trouble.

alright im gonna check today! but look at this:

Attachments

• denon-dj-dn-x600-838645.jpg
    denon-dj-dn-x600-838645.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 562
There's a lot to learn... With the speakers you have a 60hz crossover will be the best compromise.

Since it doesn't sound like you have measurement capabilities I suggest leaving the sub out for now. Take a picture of your setup and room. Will be easier to make suggestions.

Hi , how to set the crossover on he Inuke 3000 DSP?
i have the dsp software on pc so it could be easier...

Here's a picture of my room:

That is a schema that i draw of the pluggings:

Hope it helps :)

Attachments

• capture1.jpg
    capture1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 427
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 420
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 407
Yeah its for my home theather ahah,

How can i put a crossover? :/

And with thé crossover, is it going to sound better?:)

Thx

The output from your mixer goes into the crossover. Given that you have a 2 way crossover the low output goes into an amp that you power the subwoofer and the mid/high output goes into another amp that you will power the mid/high cabinets.

You adjust the level at the crossover. If your amps has gain setting turn it all the way up. Do all your level adjustment at the crossover front panel. I would set the frequency between 100hz-125hz.

PA speakers will give you the maximum SPL, but it will not give you the sound quality of a good home speakers.

You've all missed it.
You're running the subs out of the booth monitor, which is an independent output from the main mix.

For each XLR output on the desk:

XLR goes out of the desk, and into the subwoofer. Do this bit first.
Then another bit of XLR goes from the subwoofer to the iNuke, which powers the tops.

Make sure your top speakers are wired up to the amplifier properly (store-bought SpeakOn cables will be fine) and you're set to go. Adjust the volume on each subwoofer equally - if you turn one up, turn the other up the same.

Since you've got the iNuke DSP, read up on how to do an active crossover on it. You only need a high-pass, set for 100Hz. Butterworth 24 should do the trick.

Chris

Last edited:
You've all missed it.
You're running the subs out of the booth monitor, which is an independent output from the main mix.

For each XLR output on the desk:

XLR goes out of the desk, and into the subwoofer. Do this bit first.
Then another bit of XLR goes from the subwoofer to the iNuke, which powers the tops.

Make sure your top speakers are wired up to the amplifier properly (store-bought SpeakOn cables will be fine) and you're set to go. Adjust the volume on each subwoofer equally - if you turn one up, turn the other up the same.

Since you've got the iNuke DSP, read up on how to do an active crossover on it. You only need a high-pass, set for 100Hz. Butterworth 24 should do the trick.

Chris

Oh okay , for the pluggings, i drew it to be shure i've understood well.

But for the crossover i have Gain ,Low pass and High pass. It just depends on the sound configuration : Stereo, Dual , Bi-amp 1, Bi-amp 2 and Bridge. So witch one do i choose?

Attachments

• DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 129
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 109
Your sub takes the XLR input, and splits it in two - one is passed on to another subwoofer, or a different amplifier using the XLR output. The other is used for its own amplifier.

You're perfectly safe, but feel free to upload photographs if you'll feel more comfortable.

Edit - those crossover settings are correct.

Chris

Your sub takes the XLR input, and splits it in two - one is passed on to another subwoofer, or a different amplifier using the XLR output. The other is used for its own amplifier.

You're perfectly safe, but feel free to upload photographs if you'll feel more comfortable.

Edit - those crossover settings are correct.

Chris

just a little question before, : Why is there two lugs in the back of my elx 215 if im only using one ? :)

thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 104
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.