PeeCeeBee

Thimios, the power leads look quite long. If possible use 10uf or 100uf instead of 1uf for rail decoupling near the MOSFETs. Electrolytics will be okay. Also, as the VAS trannies share a common heatsink, try to short the heatsink to ground with a wire.

If oscillation occurs wihout the comp caps then then here are some fixes for it, increase the gate stoppers to 330ohms and install a 330pf cap to the gate and source pins of the N MOSFET. If oscillation still occurs then increase the comp caps to 47pf.

Thimios, the power leads look quite long. If possible use 10uf or 100uf instead of 1uf for rail decoupling near the MOSFETs. Electrolytics will be okay. Also, as the VAS trannies share a common heatsink, try to short the heatsink to ground with a wire.

If oscillation occurs wihout the comp caps then then here are some fixes for it, increase the gate stoppers to 330ohms and install a 330pf cap to the gate and source pins of the N MOSFET. If oscillation still occurs then increase the comp caps to 47pf.
Ok i will try all this but keep in mind that i have used 47pf compensation caps. in last test.
The first test was without VAS common heat sink,compensation caps was 33pf in this case

Last edited:
Peeceebee

Saan we have very good news!
This amplifier didn't love compensations caps at all.:eek:
All these test without any compensation.

Attachments

• DSC08565.JPG
    DSC08565.JPG
    526.8 KB · Views: 910
  • DSC08584.JPG
    DSC08584.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC08583.JPG
    DSC08583.JPG
    531.8 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC08582.JPG
    DSC08582.JPG
    537.3 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC08578.JPG
    DSC08578.JPG
    548.7 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC08574.JPG
    DSC08574.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC08569.JPG
    DSC08569.JPG
    588.9 KB · Views: 703
  • DSC08568.JPG
    DSC08568.JPG
    541.9 KB · Views: 743
  • DSC08567.JPG
    DSC08567.JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 788
  • DSC08566.JPG
    DSC08566.JPG
    612 KB · Views: 843
Last edited:
This amplifier didn't love compensations caps at all.:eek:

Big thanks thimios. Big hugs from me. You don't know what you have gifted the PeeCeeBee thread.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised. :)

I wonder, how come the plots are better without all the coveted Compensation capacitors?!

Well, Who cares.

Thank you very much again for your hard work. I am very much grateful and indebted to you.

:cloud9:

Big thanks thimios. Big hugs from me. You don't know what you have gifted the PeeCeeBee thread.

Honestly, I am a bit surprised. :)

I wonder, how come the plots are better without all the coveted Compensation capacitors?!

Well, Who cares.

Thank you very much again for your hard work. I am very much grateful and indebted to you.

:cloud9:

I'm glad as i help other guys building this amplifier.
Shaan, you offer to us a really good amplifier .An amplifier without extreme parts ,simple,cheep,easy.
Congratulations.
Best Regards.
Thimios.

Thimios, good work, did you try same test with speaker connected no dummy load?
If yes, I'm going to remove comp caps immediately :)
No, all this test is on a dummy load.
I will test it on a real speaker if request.
Isn't safe leaving this uncompensated without test this with a scope!
If you haven't a scope pay attention ,put your finger on zobel resistor this must be cold.
Out transistors must be cold also ,when amplifier isn't playing.

Last edited: