Pearl Two

thanks for that explanation ....

One the plug issue , I thought the idea of using a symmetrical was to run dc to the boards independently ? ... Sorry if this is a really dumb question.

5 K trimmer pot ?

10 multiturn ?

Rich

the enclosure will get build around the boards ... I want to get the XA 160 and these all cut at the same time .... All 5mm anodised aluminium .

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The 6-pin plug can be used in that manner. It just changes where you are splitting the connections.

The trimmer I ordered is this -- Digi-Key - 3296Y-502LF-ND (Manufacturer - 3296Y-1-502LF)

I think its the same dimensions as the PCB holes.

Do you have any sketches of your chassis?

As for Transformer, the Pearl needs 22v+22v 50ma secondaries.... Not sure what you mean by 'both projects' ?

Last edited:
The chassis design is exactly the same as Pass original construction - 5 mm sides,back, top and bottom. Vertical 20mmx20mm bar vertically in each corner and fixed with cap screws . The front ... ? want to think about it some more ,but leaning toward 12mm white perspex .... Blue led and the white will look darn sexy and a ton cheaper than having the original ally - besides ,a friend has a CNC for the perspex that will do everything including the Helvetica font .

The other transfo is for the B1 ... I'd like to order both to save a little on my friends time and cost .

Rich

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Rich - concerning the caps you linked, in what position do you want to use them?

C20 is a Wima, Digi-key doesn't have them. Mouser does. MKS2C023301A00JSSD WIMA Polyester Film Capacitors

I think all the film caps on the board are 5mm lead-spacing Wimas. The 22uf at C13 and C21 are Silmics, the Digi-key part number is in the manual.

As for Transformers, I would order this for the Pearl 2 -- http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=647 22v+22v 50VA 115/230v primary, shielded.

For the B1 - http://www.antekinc.com/details.php?p=645 18v+18v, 50VA, 115/230v primary. Not shielded, but only because the shielded is out of stock. Parallel the outputs.

Last edited:
I have ordered them .... I used the correct values and lead spacing .

Silver mica 100pf same spec as those below

Silver Mica CD15-5pF
Silver Mica capacitor, made by Cornell Dubilier. Radial lead, dipped, high voltage capacitor. Exclusive CDE dipping process to impart with high moisture and humidity resistance. Conforms to EIA specifications.
Lead spacing: 6,0mm. Voltage: 300V DC.

Silver Mica CD15-10pF
Silver Mica capacitor, made by Cornell Dubilier. Radial lead, dipped, high voltage capacitor. Exclusive CDE dipping process to impart with high moisture and humidity resistance. Conforms to EIA specifications.
Lead spacing: 6,0mm. Voltage: 300V DC.

Elna RFS 22uF 35V
ELNA Silmic II capacitor. Made of newly developed raw material for the separate paper which uses a silk fiber. Therefore, this series can give high grade sound for any audio design.
Dimensions: 8x11,5mm, LS 3,5mm. Rated Ripple Current: 95mArms.

Panasonic NHG 3300uF 35V
Panasonic NHG electrolytic radial capacitor. Premium audio capacitor. Compact size, long life.
Dimensions: 16x31,5mm, LS 7,5mm.

CDE DME 0,01u-630V
Cornell Dubilier Premium Audio Capacitors. These capacitors deliver the performance of other capacitors which have cases that are twice as big. Sub-Miniature Metallized Polyester Film, self healing. 630V, RM10
0,01uF=10nF=10000pF

WIMA MKS2 10nF, 63V
WIMA MKS2 capacitor, 63V. Tolerance: 10%. Lead spacing: 5mm. Size (LxHxW): 7,2 x 6,5 x 2,5mm

WIMA MKS2 0,1uF, 63V
WIMA MKS2 capacitor, 63V. Tolerance: 10%. Lead spacing: 5mm. Size: (LxHxW): 7,2 x 6,5 x 2,5mm

I want these connectors ... can anyone help with a name or a supplier please ?

Rich

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Is that signal or suply?
IF you are after suply have a look at Rapid uk
Loads of stuff at half the price of Farnell or RScomponents
If is signal loads of XLR plugs

By the way XLR carri up to 1.5 A so maybe.
I am using 4 pole (4pins) speakers conectors fo my F5 20 A dc rated at about £2.50.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Pardon my French, why use a polyester cap for such a small value as 33nF ?
Just because it's 0.2" lead spacing ?

Because that what Wayne designed the circuit with. But I do understand what you are meaning. :)

will these work ? the size is ok ... just the height I'm concerned about
http://search.digikey.com/uk/en/products/667-10ABPP/345-1037-ND/340335

Those will fit the board just fine, but you should use a taller model... Remember, the tallest thing on the board are the 10,000uf caps, and the common ones of that value are around 45mm tall.

Last edited: