• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about fishing ???
Hans, tell me about fishing:D I have been a flyfishing junkie for about 30 years;) My best score was 45kg salmons in 3 weeks;) Not excactly one salmon ha-ha, but several. Best one weighed in at 10kg clean. All taken on fly, ofcourse!! My own flies at that, ofcourse too!!! Well, I did win the Danish flydressing competition the first two years it took place:) Then the judges deemed me a professional, so I couldnt participate anymore:bawling: That kind of s#cks cause I set out to win the triple!!!! Ever since then they can run me in the #ss! They did change the rules to get me back later on, with no succes. Resulting in a decrease of quality of the flies being made;) Whatever, I did take a Goldmedal in the worlds biggest flydressing competition, Mustad Scandinavian Open, that did make them wanting me back!! No way:) I guess this was a bit of thread:rolleyes: Mail me if you need more info;)

Steen:cool:

There are special DSUB connectors where you can use thicker pins and cant mix them up with computer DSUB. They are called high current type.
Take a look here.

Attachments

• mix_stghs.jpg
    mix_stghs.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 958
You can fit 3 of them on a DSUB.

I had to solder once 12 channels a 25DSUB thats 24 cables.
That was a lot of fun.
:dead:

It s a little bit hard to fit a 3 pin or a 5 pin XLR in a 4 pin one.
Its rather safe.
I still am in favour of XLR.
I hate opening those DSUB holes.

Attachments

• !mixb3.jpg
    !mixb3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 951
steenoe said:
Hans, tell me about fishing:D I have been a flyfishing junkie for about 30 years;)

I saw on your profile that you listed flyfishin as an interest - most flyfishers mean buisness i think - its all or nothing - but winning gold in scandinavian flydressing......thats something !!! I only recently taken (fly) fishing up again, its been dorment since highscool where girls and alcohol took over...... Now i'm more into hunting, but my girlfriend is crazy about fishing, so that a good excuse to go out and update ones fishing gear, in order to do something together - now that she doesnt like DIY :(

The good thing about fishing, is that you can cast your fly in every little pond you come across, also on holiday. Taking your rifle and start shooting in a parking lot is for some reason not an option, so fishing is the best option for our holiday ;-) Were going to the northeren Spain, on the atlantic coast, where I understand theres a lot of rivers and streams going from the mountains out to the sea.....also taking a week in northeren sweeden at the family, where theres some awsome pike lakes in the forrests.......

Hope you have time for fishing this summer !

Cheers !
Hans

I won the junior fly dressing championships like 15 years ago in the classic salmon fly class
Morten, thats great:)
The Classic salmon fly is a great passion of mine! It is the most prestigous class to win:D Its also an expensive thing to work with. Some of the feathers used, are very very scarce. I have gladly payed 2-300usd for two feathers on several ocassions! Man, thats a bit crazy I guess. But what, as long as it is funny:)
but my girlfriend is crazy about fishing
Now, if I could just make my girlfriend grab one of my Sage flyrods......

Steen:)

Oh, sorry 'bout being OT, Promitheus:angel:

Actually I dont mind.
I dare to post a picture, then. This is the "Jock Scott", created in 1800's when the Victorian era was sweeping over England! Everything couldnt be too precious!! The women wanted hats and garments like you wouldnt believe!! Even the flies made for fishing were just outragous. It all had to be luxury, first class! All the girls I have had looking at my flies, just goes; Wauw:) Men, more or less don't care;) Well take a look at this thing, made with the original materials, from the Victorian era!
That fly costs a minor fortune to make:)

Steen:)

Attachments

• jock scott 200dpi_small.jpg
    jock scott 200dpi_small.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,001
Power supply board

My friend and I have designed a slighty modified power supply for the Pearl Phono stage. Our test board has two different types of reticfiers, with jumpers. After we determine which set sounds better we will have the final boards manufactured. I will have to have ten boards made, so if any one is interested let me know.

GE

Gregorio:
What I wanted to say is that the power supply wasnt so complicated.
It was a bridge and a capacitor.
Or did you make a new board with stabilisation too that is better as the original?

tschrama:
nice to hear that, have fun building and keep us posted.
A pic or two would be cool.

Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.