• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got mine for free!

Got mine today too, but I never paid! at least I don't recall paying....and can't seem to find a relevant payment in paypal?

Hey, how about a paypal invoice?

(2 channels + parts only, no PS)

Oh, and thanks for putting all this together. Appreciate the work, I can understand how it can be tough to keep track of all this stuff.

Hi Promitheus,

Today finished the pearl, there was only one problem.
I blow up the fuse from one channel 400mA, the other channel plays.
I removed the IRF9610 and resistor R8, and changed the IRF for an other.
Connected the power supply to it and yes the fuse stay’s in, I measured 29Volt at R8.
At the moment it’s playing and it sounds very very great .
There is a very little hum but I haven’t connected the ground wire from the turntable.
By the way, what is the best way to make a starground and is it connected to chassis or isolated from it.

Anyway thanks again..

Peter.

;)

A box was waiting at the front door.

Got home last night and found a present in front of my door.

:)

Opened it up and lots of part came out. Since this will be my first kit I have ever built, I noticed there was no manual in the box. Will I be using the WEB page and/or the locations on the components and/or on the board?

Thanks for all the work you have done to get this group buy to happen!!!!!

Bruce

caps

Well the resistors go in easily enough and I can measure them to confirm which ones go where, but what about those red capacitors that came? There is some weird notations on them on one side and some helpful (I assume) handwriting on the other, but I don't think I have the decoder ring to decypher either!

Does anyone know how to read the caps, both machine writing and handwriting?

caps #2

OK, I think I figured out at least 1/2 of it.

P334G = 0.33 uF (C13) confirmed on the pearl passdiy link where I can see this on one of the board pictures.
P124G = 0.12 uF (C10) kind of visible on the pearl pass diy link...but not really.
P473G = 0.047 uF (C12) just guessing...
P154G = 0.15 uF (C4, C6, C11) continuing to guess but we have used them all up and there are none left over!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.