• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pearl phono PCBs Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am back.
My "Q-Pack" is not the same as the Q-Pack from Passdiy.
My Q-Pack from the group buys before had all Semiconductors included.
For those who only want to Order PCBS I could also provide the semiconductors. To make it easy I will only provide a whole Q-Pack that contains all semiconductors and costs 32,00 Euro.

The List of people so far is:

Stevox
noelectrix
SDJungle
Evil Joda
pollypocket
jonclancy
Smario
KT
daylne52
tomp4657
greyhorse
DrODD
Algar-emi
AMV8
Pathmark
lgreen
Analogtec
jacvermeulen
SRMcGee
khaho
sergiusz
lykkedk
llic
MB500
tdschofield
mikamp
FrankAnders
Lordvader

I need from the above people or if anybody wants to be added the following information

Address and Paypal email so I can send payment information.
dont post this information in the thread but contact me with email.

Email received and paypal sent! What's the time table looking like to get everything shipped out? I can't wait...are there any PDFs I should download for assembly and whatnot? I've been so busy recently, I can't even remember if there are any additional parts I have to buy that you haven't included! LMK, thanks again!

I still didnt get any reply from the following people.
Please contact me as soon as possible.
I need your Shipping Address, Paypal Email or if you want to pay with bank transfer so I can send payment info.

Smario
KT
greyhorse
DrODD
AMV8
Pathmark
SRMcGee
sergiusz
tdschofield
mikamp
Lordvader

wiring

As I start to assemble parts for this project, I am giving some consideration to wire for the input, output, switch and volume pot. Trying to achieve the best sound possible, I thought about using pure silver solid core wire with telflon jacket. Does anyone have any experience using pure silver wire in a preamp project?
Would this strategy have a positive effect?
Any comments on solid core vs. multi-strand wire? If I recall, someone smarter than me told me that voltage/signal generally runs over the skin/surface of a wire and current run through the wire. Thus giving multi-strand wire the advantage, with small signals anyway.

Opinions welcomed.

Paul

Peppe said:

Can we wait for your first impression on the sound and the cartridge you use?

:)

Thanks

I'll get all reviewer on you here:
Setup: Sonographe SG-3 with AT-440MLa cart, PD 3875 dual mono's, and a pair of Klipsch 2 ways I've owned for 10 years or so, and my previous phono pre was via a HK integrated.

The pearl is MUCH louder than using the HK. It was also much more balanced throughout the entire range. The amount of bass coming out increased exponentially, so much that I may have to install a crossover of some sort. I only listened for an hour or so, and I'm a firm believer in letting things burn themselves in.

I've got the day off and one more trip to home depot for some bolts should see it together by mid-afternoon. Hopefully I can post up some pics.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
shallbehealed said:

I'll get all reviewer on you here:
Setup: Sonographe SG-3 with AT-440MLa cart, PD 3875 dual mono's, and a pair of Klipsch 2 ways I've owned for 10 years or so, and my previous phono pre was via a HK integrated.

The pearl is MUCH louder than using the HK. It was also much more balanced throughout the entire range. The amount of bass coming out increased exponentially, so much that I may have to install a crossover of some sort. I only listened for an hour or so, and I'm a firm believer in letting things burn themselves in.

I've got the day off and one more trip to home depot for some bolts should see it together by mid-afternoon. Hopefully I can post up some pics.

Thanks for posting :)

Of course I am waiting for pictures too... ;) and further impression after burn in... :D

I have to make a decision about the toroid: is a 30VA 2x25V good?

The AT is 4 mV, nobody measured the exact gain of the Pearl?

Thanks again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.