Pearl Acoustic Sibelius

Yes I saw the Hondasnl revision and I thank you for doing the conversion, although it looks like the baffle board is still listed in the metric size?

Here in the USA we were slated to convert to the Metric system years ago, but it never took off for some reason?

I my opinion it would be easier to use it, as compared to the English system, since everything is based in full numbers with no fractions.

I guess the public is reluctant to try something that they are not familiar with, which seems to be a fear of the unknown.

So now we have two standards that we need to convert to and from, which makes life even more complicated, in my humble opinion.

Here new version in fractional inches.
Easy setting in the program.
Only metric thread for the spikes.

Attachments

• Assembly Sibelius CG-4 - inches_page-0001.jpg
    Assembly Sibelius CG-4 - inches_page-0001.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Assembly Sibelius CG-4 - inches_page-0002.jpg
    Assembly Sibelius CG-4 - inches_page-0002.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 109
  • Assembly Sibelius CG-4 - inches_page-0003.jpg
    Assembly Sibelius CG-4 - inches_page-0003.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 104
@planet10

I got my pair of Alpair 10.3 and I had a couple of questions. I'm asking here for @a700256 's benefit.

1. What is the bezel cover for? It doesn't seem to fit or be attached to anything. Just something to rattle...

2. The gasket has a flat side with adhesive on it and a side with ridges. Which way 'round is this gasket supposed to go? What does the adhesive stick to? What are the ridges for? My guess is the ridged side goes toward the cabinet mounting surface but... ?

Basically I'd rather keep the rebate shallow so that there's more wood to secure to (although I'm considering adding a +/- 5/8" thick solid wood front to the front panel to take a thumbnail edge roundover)

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
1. What is the bezel cover for?

I am not officially allowed to say. But i have a box of those. Never used them.

2. The gasket has a flat side with adhesive on it and a side with ridges.

The second generation super gasket. Same tech as used in the space shuttle. Sticky side attaches to the basket.

Using good play wood we never had issues with 18mm baffles, a 10mm rebate, and a 45° chamfer on the back.

dave