Pearl Acoustic Sibelius

Today I ordered another pair of the 10.3's and I like to use them in my cloned Sibelius.
I really like to know how the 10.3's sounds in the cloned Sibelius to compare it with my previous built "Crystal-6 Double Horn luidsprekers with Markaudio Alpair-10 Gold Full-range Woofer".
Updated the drawing and lateron playing with some damping.

I feel that the dump-duct effect is weak when the opening length is 42mm.
Next time you build this product, why not widen the opening area and extend the duct length?
I think you can experience a different world.

damp duct 01.jpg

Attachments

• damp duct 02.jpg
    damp duct 02.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
@chrisb
I think the community does a fair job of letting people's ideas et al speak for them.
Anything else is immaterial. not required and not requested. That was partly my point.
if I cared to think about it -- in my most Pollyanna manner -- I would assume that half of the folk posting here are women... or put another way... that music and the technology to enjoy it attracts a rich mix of perspectives to diyaudio.

I mean, y'all let a doofuss like me in and treat me with reasonable respect so there is no real bar to participation here nor should anyone -- on either side -- feel there is one.
'nuff said.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
I feel that the dump-duct effect is weak when the opening length is 42mm.
Next time you build this product, why not widen the opening area and extend the duct length?
I think you can experience a different world.

View attachment 1276013
This is not according the original design.
It must be a "99,99%" clone. :).

Capture 3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users