• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB for cascoded IXYS CCS (tube)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jaap (Netherland) : 4
gmant123 (Argentina): 10
SigFire (Germany): 4-6
au-trovaille (Netherlands): 4
BDL (Romania): 4
Polin (Italy): 2
Gluca (USA/Italy): 10
Cyteen (UK): 2
Bas (Netherland) : 4
pso (Spain) : 2
Sinuko (Italy) : 4
UnixMan (Italy) : 2
Joseph_k (Hungary/Italy) : 2
guglielmope (Italy) : 2
tony(Philippines) : 6
bravi (New Zealand) : 6 or 12
Dagwood (New Zealand) : 4
10y (Italy) : 6
dr.strangelove3 (Netherlands): 6
siang (Taiwan): 6
Ryssen (Sweden):6
Sugarn (Thailand) : 10
ccliu (Taiwan): 6
Ferrari: 10

here we are! we are done! we reached the price break. I will close the GB next week

1) friday july 2 latest deadline to join the GB
2) I'll ask the manufacturer for the best and final price during the week
3) We will finalize the design this week
4) prepayment on my paypal address within july 10

boards should be ready in 15 days but I guess it will take longer. I'll try to have them shipped to my USA address if I cannot we need to add a +20% VAT. Let me see what we can do.

most probably you will receive the boards mid august or later in september

Last edited:
I got a quotation from the manufacturer. now we are at ~58boards and it will require 3 panels (20 boards per panel) costing 96euro each.

60 boards = 3x96 euro + shipping (+20% VAT if I'll have them shipped to Italy) -> 6.8euro/brd

if we can reach 124 boards we can cut down the costs to 300euro (a single big panel) for 124 boards

124 boards = 300 euro + shipping (+VAT) -> 3.4euro

prices would be a bit cheaper if shipped to USA but I will stay here until the end of July.

C'MOOON .. where are all the buyers that got the IXYS fets from the other GB? I can easily increase my qty if there are enough buyers to reach the price break.

You are better with electronic than with math.:D
124 boards cost as much as 60. I think will be worthwhile to have 124 in any case (if anyone is ok with 6.8$/each)

Anyway....4 for me.

I'll post in the italian forum and I'll call Sinuko (or you? didn't understand) for parts.

You are better with electronic than with math.:D
124 boards cost as much as 60. I think will be worthwhile to have 124 in any case (if anyone is ok with 6.8$/each)

Anyway....4 for me.

I'll post in the italian forum and I'll call Sinuko (or you? didn't understand) for parts.

Not exactly ... 124 boards is a minimum qty for the production run. below that quantity you go for prototype runs, so 123 is below minimum. any board over 124 shall we dealt with as a prototype run so we will pay the first 124 board 288euro and all the other 96euro per panel (20 boards). i will split evenly the price, that is obvious.

PloPla (Italy): 4

Not exactly ... 124 boards is a minimum qty for the production run. below that quantity you go for prototype runs, so 123 is below minimum. any board over 124 shall we dealt with as a prototype run so we will pay the first 124 board 288euro and all the other 96euro per panel (20 boards). i will split evenly the price, that is obvious.
Ah...OK. I didn't realize we were over the minimum stock.

At the moment the booked boards are 126-134 (depending on SigFire and bravi doubts). Which is not exactly an optimizing number.

I'm not happy to know that my 4 last added board could grow up all other board price.

Last edited:
heinz1: Germany: 4

added me to the list. Thanks again, gluca, for performing this GB.

PCB

heinz1: Germany: 4
Audiofanatic: (The Netherlands) : 20 maybe more!

added me to the list. Thanks again, gluca, for performing this GB.

So now we are at 154boards (or a few less) If we go to Olimex, they will cost us 300euro for the first 124 and 96euro for each extra 20 boards (they take one panel).

examples of price breaks with olimex
124 boards (production run): 2.41euro
144 boards (production run + 1 panel): 2.92euro
164 boards (production run + 2 panels): 3.00euro
184 boards (production run + 3 panels): 3.20euro
204 boards (production run + 4 panels): 3.03euro
248 boards (two production runs): 2.41euro

all the prices are in euro and do not include shipping and maybe VAT.

I have ordered PCBs to Silver Circuits too and it is way cheaper. With the same tech requirements (1.5mm FR4 and 1oz copper, HASL finish and white/green colors) we have

124 boards: ~1.53euro
184 boards:~1.26euro

but I found their PCBs are of a lower quality in this standard: when I tried to desolder the components the tracks peeled away. We could anyway ask for a thicker laminate and a thicker copper and maybe white on black colors. That would cost us

124 boards: ~2.10euro
184 boards: ~1.69euro

Again no shipping (which is cheaper with Silver Circuits) and no VAT (if any).

I'd prefer these last options. We can choose colors too: silkscreen might be black or white and the board can be red/blue/green/black or white.

So, questions? I'll post tomorrow a revised PCB design with an option suggested by Lars. But I will be working a bit more after that to see if I can incorporate more options. PCB will accomodate TO220 case FETs for the upper component and TO220 or TO92 for the lower. So most probably we will be a bit longer than expected timewise.

Gianluca

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Have corresponded with Gluca about a modication to the PCBs. He asked me to post this and is willing to modify the board as there is free space on it.

By making place for a plastic cap and a pair of resistors the card can be used as a "Gyrator". For those who haven´t heard of them itcan be looked upon as a voltage controlled AC-CCS. You can substitute an anode-choke with it if you just add higher B+.

If you run a pentode or cascode you can´t use a CCS on top as Ua will be all over the place. So in the this case you need to define and make Ua adjustable. To make the pentode/cascode work at its best you still have to add a suitable load to it. Works like a charm on Schade-amps.

If one could squeeze in the leftmost parts it would be great. The Supertex LND150 is a 1mA TO92.

Michael Koster is AFAIK behind this innovative way to use it. Below is a schematic.

Attachments

• gluca.png
    gluca.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 260
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.