Pavel Dudek's (Upupa Epops) LM4780 amp

cost of parts?

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie on this so bear with me if this is obvious.

Can somebody give a ball park estimate on component cost for this design? I eventually plan on building 2 channels. Would this be suitable for a newbie or would BrianGT set be more suitable. Since this is my first attempt it must be easy but also safe for use...

Cheers,

Exipnos

Yesterday I was testing this modul against PMA's class A amp

I am sorry Nelson
I don´t wanna be a party-pooper but that amp is the front-end of (for example) an Aleph3 with a basic VAS-stage and a basic push-pull output stage.
I don´t wanna say that basic is bad but looking at the schematic
I basically see Nelson´s frontend and rest is standard so a little more respect please;)

To joends : I respect Mr. Pass sincerelly, 'cos we must to respect all apostles and he is an apostle of simplicity ;) . Nevertheles exist question, why do that bloody constructers in chip factory's so complicated :xeye: and why I hear distortion of his progucts. Maybe it is because, that an apostle is lower rank than The God, which only know to built distortioless amp :) ( and Bruce Candy too :clown: ). I was joke, Nelson, nothing ill, I realy respect you :cool: .

joensd,

the rest, i.e. the output stage is that what makes the biggest sound difference compared to Aleph.
BTW, it was not the circuit your are pointing at.
I also would rather like a standard source follower as output stage which at least theoretically would feel more comfortable but I just have to try for myself and put an Aleph together.
Ciuffolis follower certainly is the nicest thing I´ve heard so far which shouldn´t be too far from your modified follower.
OK, enough interruption from myself.
;)

joensd,

I am very sorry but Pavel Dudek and me speak about this "conventional" as you said class A output stage:

http://www.pha.inecnet.cz/macura/next.htm

The source follower is discontinued in support by me (mentioned on my web), as I do not want to mismatch simple projects /limited sound quality/ with those that I consider to reach very high quality. Listenning tests are done on regular basis.

soundNERD, if you care to read a couple of posts back, you can see what I really think.

The statement you didn't understand was just something that I hear rather often and many people really believe in it, I don't.

It isn't the number of parts that makes the final result. It's how parts are and how they are put together.