• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Transformer secondary winding: does it matter which way (in the schematic the secondary winding starts are marked) or not?

So simply put into the terminals 3-6:

3: Secondary 1 Cable 1
4: Secondary 1 Cable 2
5: Secondary 2 Cable 1
6: Secondary 2 Cable 2

I have no further information on my transformer (winding start and end), thus cable 1 is not necessarily winding start and cable 2 is not necessarily winding end.

Cheers

Fabian

Hi Per-Anders,
thanks, thats why I ask before I want to start ist. It is a custom wound transformer originally used for a Symasym project a few years before. 400VA, 4 secondary windings a 25V. So suitable for a dual bridged Gainclone.

Sadly, all secondary pairs are of the same color (2 blue, 2 red, 2 green and 2 blue), that means winding start and end are of the same color.

Any tip on how to quickly find out winding start? ;-)

Woohoo! The first order has arrived. 31 calendar days. Canada Post is incompetent, but I got 'em. Thanks P-A. :)

In my experience, it's just the opposite. I've sent and received more than 10,000 parcels, and Canada Post is generally excellent. Packages from the UK, Australia, and some EU and Eastern European countries are fast ... I average 8~10 days from these countries (6~8 business days).

Within the province it's 1 day; and a slow cross-Canada delivery would be 5 days. None of the above is possible if Canada Post is the problem.

It took 12 days to get my PA-03 boards delivered from Per-Anders.

Also, Canada Post has never lost a package to or from me.

The USPO is slow; 5 to 10 days cross-country, add Canada Post's 5 day cross country delivery average and it's generally about three weeks (15 business days, 21 calendar days). Plus expensive: I can send five insured, tracked parcels to the US for the same cost the USPO wants to send one to me.

Note that it's not Customs that is the hold up ... the USPO clears mail shipments if properly documented before they leave the US. A mail package spends about three hours at a Canada Post facility after entering the country before they are on their way.

Finally, Canada Post offers guaranteed delivery standards on some parcel service levels. That means if it takes even one day longer than the standard, you can get a refund of the costs. No other postal service in the world does this for the less expensive service levels (I just got a refund for a tracked, insured 2 Kg package from Ontario ... took 5 days and the Service Level was 4. It wasn't even expensive ... $14, but even better, I got the $14 back).

The reason it was a day late is because it was from Elliot Lake, not Toronto.

Another story ... there is a corner of Saskatchewan where it is impossible to deliver a parcel in 1 day, because they send it to Manitoba (Winnipeg) by air first. It's just about the most efficient routing of mail. So, everything I ship to that area goes Priority Courier (guaranteed 1-day), it gets there in two days, and I get a 100% refund for every shipment. If you send it XPressPost, which has a 2-day guarantee, you pay for every shipment.

Of course you have to know these things, but shipping is all about the details.

Last edited:
In my experience, it's just the opposite. I've sent and received more than 10,000 parcels, and Canada Post is generally excellent. Packages from the UK, Australia, and some EU and Eastern European countries are fast ... I average 8~10 days from these countries (6~8 business days).

Within the province it's 1 day; and a slow cross-Canada delivery would be 5 days. None of the above is possible if Canada Post is the problem.

It took 12 days to get my PA-03 boards delivered from Per-Anders.

Also, Canada Post has never lost a package to or from me.

The USPO is slow; 5 to 10 days cross-country, add Canada Post's 5 day cross country delivery average and it's generally about three weeks (15 business days, 21 calendar days). Plus expensive: I can send five insured, tracked parcels to the US for the same cost the USPO wants to send one to me.

Note that it's not Customs that is the hold up ... the USPO clears mail shipments if properly documented before they leave the US. A mail package spends about three hours at a Canada Post facility after entering the country before they are on their way.

Finally, Canada Post offers guaranteed delivery standards on some parcel service levels. That means if it takes even one day longer than the standard, you can get a refund of the costs. No other postal service in the world does this for the less expensive service levels (I just got a refund for a tracked, insured 2 Kg package from Ontario ... took 5 days and the Service Level was 4. It wasn't even expensive ... $14, but even better, I got the $14 back).

The reason it was a day late is because it was from Elliot Lake, not Toronto.

Another story ... there is a corner of Saskatchewan where it is impossible to deliver a parcel in 1 day, because they send it to Manitoba (Winnipeg) by air first. It's just about the most efficient routing of mail. So, everything I ship to that area goes Priority Courier (guaranteed 1-day), it gets there in two days, and I get a 100% refund for every shipment. If you send it XPressPost, which has a 2-day guarantee, you pay for every shipment.

Of course you have to know these things, but shipping is all about the details.

That is nice that you have good experiences. I am well aware of their "standards" and have used all of their services at one time or another. I expect you're not in Western Canada. In late December I got lettermail that was sent from 30 km away. These were sent in October. Some in November. I digress, as this is not relevant to the thread.

The PA-03 boards are a thing of beauty and were well worth waiting for. Especially at the group-buy pricing. Clearly Pavel Dudek and P-A put in this effort to benefit us eager diy-ers, rather than for financial gain. I applaud their generosity!