• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Mission complete

Finally, I received the last bits and completed the PA03! P-A and Pavel, you really have outdone yourselves, this amplifier rocks! Very stable and pure, just the way I like it. After testing the PCB at max power to check temperature, power etc. and confirming everything was right, it was time for the chassis. Yes, of course I had to add two VU-meters. It is kinda my thing I guess ;)

Hereby some pictures, I hope you all like it:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I made a little YouTube video in which you can see the VU's and the fade-in effect of the LED's that emit the VU's when the amplifier is just powered on: Click on Me. Also you can find more pictures at my Flickr gallery.

Thanks Clog :D The VU-meters originate from an old TC-K1A cassettedeck (Sony). You can see it in the YouTube video I made :).

@PA; I actually think this configuration is much more optimal than the configuration that is suggested on the website and in the initial builds (thus in which the heatsink is placed upright), since heat can now radiate very easy from a large surface. Also the thermal coupling of the smaller piece of aluminium to the large piece does not result into delta T (checked with my Fluke 62 Max +). If it did not work I would have improved it already as you know ;). Cooling is sufficient also on the long run; I tested the device at 8 and 4 ohm on my dummy load for 1/2h. Of course it then gets warm (~55 degrees on the heatsinks, 60 degrees on the LM), but that also happens to my POA-2200 when fully charged with a sinewave at 1000 Hz. My KSA-100 performs even worse ;-). Don't forget, although that piece of aluminium seems small, it is actually quite hefty and was formerly used as heatsink to cool mosfets that switched a large motor.