• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pavel Dudek's super Gainclone group buy

Colour of the pcb

• Black

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • White

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Red

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Blue

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Green

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters
Hello guys,
it's been several years since this kit has been published - with the kind help of P-A. Yet so far, nobody has shared their experience with assembling the kit or the experience with other similar applications of the circuit 4780 in comparison with my version. I would therefore appreciate if you shared some of your experiences with me.
Thanks, P. D.

I'll suspect that most people have succeeded. My experience is that people get back to me when they have some questions or even problems. I would say that your design Pavel is very stable. Put the parts in the right place and it will work with a predictable performance. One of the very big advantages is that you have made the grounding only at the pcb. That will save much of grief. Compare to the chipamp.com design and how many hum problems people have.

Last edited:
@Upopa Epops and peranders

Yet so far, nobody has shared their experience with assembling the kit or the experience with other similar applications of the circuit 4780 in comparison with my version. I would therefore appreciate if you shared some of your experiences with me.

for your imformation: In the Chipamp section I started a report about my PA03 build.

Hi Clog
That's a great idea for a first build. There's something to be said for reusing a commercial amp chassis. I did something similar a few years back. see the thread 'Low Voltage Tube Amplifier'.
I will follow your PA03 thread. I just hope enough people get on board on this GB, I'm not sure what the cut-off point is but there's only 12 units in the list so far. I wish I'd seen this GB thread a while back. I haven't been to active in the forums for a while I've been too busy having children and renovating a house. Now I've finished (almost) the main living room and the second child is born (almost) I'm keen to start rebuilding the sound system. I was thinking of building a couple of powerfull Mono-blocks based on the two LM4780's (each one bridged) I have when I stumbled on this. It should be ideal for the job.
fingers crossed.
Good look with the build.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited: