Patchwork Reloaded: Circuit Optimization and Board Layout.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ooops! Kalmara I missed your post. I'll get the Gerbers together and post them here. Stay tuned
Bump :D Five pages and no responce, still waiting tho... :D
Seems that I'm not the only one, not sure what *radio* wants, I think there were pdf files with the pre-final pcb, but I'm waiting for the gerbers so I can send them to the local shop for board manufacturing. I want the "patchwork" to be shiny clean with no trace of patching work. /diy boards/ :D

p.s. Isn't there any problem with this type of mounting the outputs, seems that the board /and components repectively/ will be getting a lot of heat from the power devices and the heatsink below?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
p.s. Isn't there any problem with this type of mounting the outputs, seems that the board /and components repectively/ will be getting a lot of heat from the power devices and the heatsink below?

Sorry K,
The Gerbers are attached (this post and the next - too big for one attachment) but there may be some problem with the drill file (GDL) as I resized the pad holes for better laser printing. Consult your board manufacturer about this, ask if it's a problem. They should be able to go to the next standard size hole.

View attachment Patchwork Gerber Files_1.zip

As for the mounting, this is a common method. The boards don't get hot. A word of caution: these are compact and they need to be assembled in the correct order or you will have problems. The leads of the drivers and outputs need to be bent very accurately to line up with the thru holes.
If you need help, let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.