Pass Labs x.150 Problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just so im clear on this critical part of the instructions:

when you say "now - all inputs grounded ; most practical way is to put shorties on XLR's (pins 1 and 3) and on RCA's , so practically pin 2 of XLR is also shorted to gnd ;"

Do you mean short XLR inputs pins 1 &3 and, at the same time, short the RCA input's positive and negative ?

That seems a bit dangerous....

Zen,

i took me some time to get my hands on 2 DVMs and set up this adjustment but i finally got around to it. Sorry for any delay.

i have now completed and have gotten the offsets down to within spec ( 50mv for the absolute and about 300 Mv against ground).

One thing i should mention for other who might try this - i found that the opposite trim pots seemed to effect the voltages leading me to believe that perhaps P1 and P2 may be mislabeled on the above attached image - so that for eg P2 is beside the "USG4" label on the circuit board and P1 is beside the 'Pass' label on the circuit board...

Thank you again Zen for your expert advise and very detailed instructions.

Britshc

Attachments

• IMG_4381.jpg
    IMG_4381.jpg
    839.9 KB · Views: 191
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , it's always possible that I turned it around while looking between schematic and pcb/pics

however , looking at DVMs , it's pretty much self explanatory what's influencing what , as you figured it out

further impressions/situation in your sound system now , any changes made ?

well , it's always possible that I turned it around while looking between schematic and pcb/pics

however , looking at DVMs , it's pretty much self explanatory what's influencing what , as you figured it out

further impressions/situation in your sound system now , any changes made ?

From the close up of the circuit board, its very difficult to determine its orientation. Having two DVMs was a brilliant, because you can monitor both adjustments at the same time. This reduces the possibility of making too large a change.

Definitely an improvement in presentation. The other issues i had turned out to be software related. Changing to a different source (LP) reveled the issue. New software installed, computer audio is back to normal.

Thxs again. Ill check the adjustments again in a month to make sure they are fully stable.

Britshc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.