PASS LABS bad service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"PASS LABS bad service.", was the title of your thread.

Obviously intended to evoke negative emotion.

Extortion, Wikipedia. "
In extortion, the victim is threatened to hand over goods, or else damage to their reputation or other harm or....."
" It is also often used loosely to refer to everyday situations where one person feels indebted against their will, to another, in order to receive an essential service or ..."
" Such threats include the filing of reports (true or not)..."

Saying after the fact that you will pay is similar to a bad guy offering "protection" for the shop owner.

If you are genuine, I do feel for you, however the damage is done.
I myself would not give you anything. It's doubtful that you would start another thread saying PASS LABS Excellent Service.

I bought an X600 off a guy who dropped it on one corner and bent the faceplate. I'm in the US and Pass told me to send it in - they wouldn't sell me just the faceplate for me to install it.

That's their policy, I have the option to either live with it as is or send it in. I still have a bent faceplate, but I've never started a thread ripping them over it.

I'd like to have a new faceplate, sure. But shipping an X600 is more bother than the dent, so I live with it.

Extortion, Wikipedia. "
In extortion, the victim is threatened to hand over goods, or else damage to their reputation or other harm or....."
" It is also often used loosely to refer to everyday situations where one person feels indebted against their will, to another, in order to receive an essential service or ..."

Saying after the fact that you will pay is similar to a bad guy offering "protection" for the shop owner.

I myself would not give you anything. It's doubtful that you would start another thread saying PASS LABS Excellent Service.

Do you think if I can not get service for two months, it's a good service?.

I bought an X600 off a guy who dropped it on one corner and bent the faceplate. I'm in the US and Pass told me to send it in - they wouldn't sell me just the faceplate for me to install it.

That's their policy, I have the option to either live with it as is or send it in. I still have a bent faceplate, but I've never started a thread ripping them over it.

I'd like to have a new faceplate, sure. But shipping an X600 is more bother than the dent, so I live with it.

I am ready to change the dealer but the dealer in my country does not want to do it. He says that the Pass Labs does not allow him.
I must send to the country where he bought an amplifier.

Fuses? Dents? Hey, we're fearless amplifier builders here! We care little about fuses and dents! :D

More serious:

Beside all the useful support for your problem, this quote contains an attitude you can always have in contemplation.
That means: If everything else fails - RELAX! Forget about the trouble! Open a good bottle of wine and enjoy the sound of your excellent hifi-system!
Be glad that you saved a lot of money. Donate it to a charity organisation! :)

My stuff at home is full of dents, scratches and scars. I'm using it, so for me it's normal, that it looks used!

Extortion, Wikipedia. " In extortion, the victim is threatened to hand over goods, or else damage to their reputation or other harm or....."

Wouldnt that then by logic mean than nothing but positive reviews and commentary is allowed else you'd be labeled an extortionist by the cynics?

Seems a bit harsh? the guy seems to be genuinly experiencing a challenge to obtain service from the vendors reseller and when contacting the manufacturer directly doesnt seem to get much else help.

if you dent a bumber in your european peugot and your local dealer wouldnt sell you a bumber, and the peugot company wouldnt do anything but point you back to the dealer -wouldnt you too feel a bit frustrated? At least they should quote him an enormous amount of money so he at least can refuse.

i dropped my iphone on the first day i owned it and i cracked the screen. my phone was $399 brand new. this was the first gen iPhone too. Apple quoted me $349 for a replacement screen. About a year in you can have the screen replaced by all kinds of websites for about $25. Do i feel apple charged too much -you betcha. Would i have been even more pissed off if them or their resellers would have told me its too much trouble for them to be bothered with? oh yes, i would have posted all kinds of negative remarks of not getting service.

according to the bing.com dictionary extortion means:
  1. obtaining something by illegal threats: the crime of obtaining something such as money or information from somebody by using force, threats, or other unacceptable methods
  2. charging of unfairly high prices: the charging of an excessive amount of money for something
  3. getting something by force: the acquisition of something through the use of force or threats
I dont think that the poster has done either of these things as described above but is genuinly looking for some help.

Don't be so naive, this is not an iPhone.

The OP figured if he bitched and moaned on a public forum that Pass Labs would come crawling on it's knees to send him a faceplate.
He knew exactly what he was doing with that title.

Go read the definition of extortion and don't be so selective in your quotes.
You don't have to make an illegal threat or take something by force.
Those two things are called "threatening" and "assault".

"The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense"
"but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant"

I don't care if he is looking for help, crocodile tears, you know exactly what his is up to.

At the end of the day, this is not the return department at Walmart, it is a Hobbyist community.
Nobody here wants to change his policies, that's his business. The man participates (gives) more with this community then any other manufacturer and happens to make a high end, niche product.

Don't be so naive, this is not an iPhone.

The OP figured if he bitched and moaned on a public forum that Pass Labs would come crawling on it's knees to send him a faceplate.
He knew exactly what he was doing with that title.

Go read the definition of extortion and don't be so selective in your quotes.
You don't have to make an illegal threat or take something by force.
Those two things are called "threatening" and "assault".

"The actual obtainment of money or property is not required to commit the offense"
"but additionally, in its formal definition, means the infliction of something such as pain and suffering or making somebody endure something unpleasant"

I don't care if he is looking for help, crocodile tears, you know exactly what his is up to.

At the end of the day, this is not the return department at Walmart, it is a Hobbyist community.
Nobody here wants to change his policies, that's his business. The man participates (gives) more with this community then any other manufacturer and happens to make a high end, niche product.

I want to have nothing but good service from Pass Labs.
All the rest is your imagination.
You have a vivid imagination.:D

Was this amplifier brand new when you bought it?

Or was it a demonstration or second hand amplifier?

Since you continue to complain about the service from Pass Labs I think that there may be more to this matter than we know.

IF you crash a car, you must buy replacement parts from a dealer, a factory will not supply parts directly to an owner. Why is Pass Labs expected to break this general rule of industry???? Telephone every Pass dealer, give them the serial number and date of purchase; someone will try and help.

I again suggest that as you have had your answers that you close this thread - it does you more damage to continue complaining here.:rolleyes:

DIYaudio is a DIY website....NOT a consumer-complaints bureau!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
note to self: if having problems with service of pl products never ask GLOBUG.
note to other: please refreign from being a d..k when answering another person trying to get help. If you cant help him, do nothing. simple as that.
Have a nice day.

maikl5 I wish you good luck with your problem.

note to self: if having problems with service of pl products never ask GLOBUG.
note to other: please refreign from being a d..k when answering another person trying to get help. If you cant help him, do nothing. simple as that.
Have a nice day.

maikl5 I wish you good luck with your problem.

this practice is common in more industries than audio, it is probably even stated in the manual, why is it all of a sudden bad service? if you want people to treat you nicely, probably best not to use such provocative and borderline libelous thread titles when talking about patron saints of this section. it is not unreasonable to assume you hoped to embarrass PL into going against company policy and giving you special treatment.

the situation sucks, no doubt about that, but put yourself in Nelson's shoes; running a company that regularly has its intellectual copyright and engineering practices ripped off and who builds amps to last and supports them for quite some time. the resellers make a cut on the sale and that is offset by them covering costs for service on that unit should the situation occur where it has to be repaired. its not a company network with the profits shared among everyone and if you returned it to your nearest dealer, there would be costs incurred in the service that would have to be recovered somehow.

but yes it does seem like there might be more to this story

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.