Parts in Mumbai (India)

While we're on the subject of CD drive mechanisms, does anyone know where I can get a replacement drive mechanism for a Yamaha CDX-396 CD player ?

The original mechanism is marked KSS-213C, and the Yamaha authorised service centre people told me that the part is obsolete and not manufactured anymore.

Do I need to replace it with the exact same part or are there equivalents that can be substituted ?

I guess I'm confused about something: The part you linked to is just the sled ? What about the rest of it ? The tray and the motor that spins the CD ? Are those things sold separately ? If I replace just the sled won't I need to buy some tools to align the mechanism ?

I saw this: SONY KSS213C CD PICK UP - LPU31105 (I guess farnell is trustworthy. ebay might just send me a lump of scrap in a box.)

This seller has a 99% rating.
Sony KSM 213CCM Mechanism KSS213C KSS 213C Denon NAD | eBay
This one looks like it is the full mechanism.
You can always complain to Ebay if you have been cheated and get your money back !

I have never been cheated on an Ebay purchase. Depends on what you buy. Always check the seller's rating. Especially if they have been there for a few years they will certainly be OK. Read the buyers comments also.
Generally you get what they show. Read the small print near the picture if it says that is what you are getting or it is just 'representative of the product' .

Once somebody did not send the product I purchased on
ebay and he marked shipped. After about a month I
contacted the guy he did not reply any of my email. So I
initiated a dispute through paypal and he started replying
and said he did not even send the product and pleaded
me not to give negative comment and said he will send
the product later. I strengthened the dispute and he made
full refund and received a nasty negative comment from
me.

Yes, you have to be careful and have to know and read
the fine prints and paypal rules. Most likely whenever a
order goes from a country like India, some people take
things easily and do not care much thinking we will not be
able to do anything.

My 2 cents...

Roushon.

I bought an H2O X5 mop on the net and the seller was still listing it on his site when he did not have it in stock. After ordering, I found that the seller has deleted most of the items from the site. I was about to make negative remarks to the ebay through which I ordered but had a call from the supplier, and I just waited till the item arrived.

Not that we don't understand, but they have to improve and be quick.

By the way, one of the blade of my bought new, food processor has been sharpened to black.
All the 6 glasses on my Alto were defective.

Chalta Hai

Gajanan Phadte

I remember sometime back there was a discussion about availability of good quality copper clad board for etching PCB at home. Not of the quality available from Visha in LR.
In the mean time if anybody has got any information about it in LR or in India then kindly post the details.

Thanks
Roushon.

I found out replacement ear-cushion for my Koss Porta Pro for Rs 10/-(Original replacement ear-cushion from Koss costs 5$ plus shipping & quality wise its same) at LR street stall. He stocks 6 diff. sizes of ear-cushions
Address-
Mr. Sagar 9773237967
Opp. Anand Ashram, outside Church Mission House main gate.
He has occupied the "lone post box":eek: for display.

Last edited:
Mark13,

ebay is much more safer than Aliexpress. generallary price for items is less on Aliexpress but i dont remember what shipping method they use but item always come after 45 day and forget about dispute cases. i found Ebay sellers are little quick and safe.

Regarding Aliexpress I read some really bad reviews. I
was excited after discovering Aliexpress some weeks
back, but did not take any chance after reading the
reviews.

Ebay is really good I would say. Just had to begin two
disputes and the problems were solved in no time.

Roushon