Parts in Mumbai (India)

SPDIF is 75 ohms terminated. Everything in the chain from the chip output to the reciever input must have a characteristic impedance of 75 ohms. EVEN the connectors. IF this does not happen you get reflections. If your system can tolerate ordinary RCA sockets and plugs and you cannot hear any problems due to jitter in your system then you can just stick to that . There is always an ideal goal. But you can often get away with imperfections in your system. If your ear is happy , that's all that matters.

I tried to write a longer explanation on this but it took too much time just to get part way. So I googled and found a write up by Steve Nugent which explains it very well. Read it.
spdif

Cheers.

good artical Thanks ashok

Will search for Rubycon ZL or ZLH as you say. Could you tell me where can I find them (physical shop) genuine in India?

Arihant (just off S.P.Road in Bangalore) had 1000uF/35V ZL and 1000uF/25V ZLH a while ago, and may still have stock. He sources from importers in Mumbai, so somebody there has stock of genuine Rubycon from time to time, but may not be willing to sell in retail quantities - look around and search a bit.

Another inexpensive alternative with magnetic leads which is as good or better than Panasonic FM is Nichicon or Taicon HD. Also look for Panasonic FJ, Nippon Chemicon KY and KZE. All of these were used in large quantities in PC motherboards, so surplus quantities must be around.

This may be disappointing...

ICCWORLD has stopped purchasing items on your behalf.

I was badly in need of import of a driver and this was informed to me for my purchase inquiry.

Gajanan Phadte

There is a better way. Register for PPOBOX here.

ICC World

It is pretty good. I purchased through this method.
But couple of points to remember: 1. Ask the seller in US/UK to make packet size small. 2. Also tell them the packet will be further shipped to India and hence not to
make it unnecessarily heavy by adding stocklists etc. ICCWORLD decides on the shipping by some formula called volumetric, so it depends on volume as well as weight. For example if the volume of the packet is
N cubic cm then the volumetric is N/5000kg. The shipping charge will be calculated based on whichever is higher: N/5000kg or the actual weight. You can also call them for some more clarification.

Once they charged me more shipping and then after some amount of digging I found out the above secret and they had to refund me some money.

All the best
Roushon

Looking for good FM antenna. Did some study on the net
about different types.

1. Yagi
2. J-pole
3. Multi-directional (round dipole)
4. Square shape (using simple wire)
5. Using flat 300Ohm cable

Does anyone know where I can get a ready made good antenna in Mumbai? I know it is a very classical/obsolate subject. I live in Colaba, so do not need a high gain one. Space outside flat is a problem, so need a small outdoor type. At present made a type
4 and is not up to the mark I want. Thinking of making one but not have much time.

Thanks
Roushon

Roushan,
may be i am replying late , but try antenna mangoos software even free ware will do job for you. you can design many antenna your self . i made 865mhs uhf rfid antenna for my self and i cant tell im 90% success full in my first attempt

Roushan,
may be i am replying late , but try antenna mangoos software even free ware will do job for you. you can design many antenna your self . i made 865mhs uhf rfid antenna for my self and i cant tell im 90% success full in my first attempt

Thanks Mahesh! I did make a J-pole antenna sometime back and it is working well. Someone from Pune in the hifivision forum suggested and I found the design online.
It was fun doing it...

Regards
Roushon.

Lubricant!

Urgently need very good quality dry lubricant to grease
the laser assembly of the cd player. Found out one of the
following is needed: 1. Molylube dry lubricant, 2. Krytox
glp-204 or 3. Silicon grease. Not sure which one is best
(may be all are same, I do not know) and where do I find
it in Mumbai. Any suggestion?

Every incidence is a learning experience!

Thanks and regards
Roushon.

Silicon grease!

I'm not sure about the quality part, I bought it from Lamington street(called White grease) for Rs15 from Suman 02223864117(stall nr Skyking). Works well for my DVDRW.

Found out, `white grease' is for heat sink. `Silicon grease' is different and is a lubricant, available in `Anupam Tools' exactly opposite the Police station on the Lamington Road. Sorry, do not have their phone number.

Anyway, thanks for the hint!

Regards
Roushon

Attachments

• IMG_1239.JPG
    IMG_1239.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 100
You better not use silicon grease. It is originally intended for use on O'rings in water tight containers.
I am very much sure of one thing...the local made Si grease will harden over time and u will have problems. Product from Dow Corning is good... don't know if it is still available or available locally.

Gajanan Phadte

As used for heat sinks , silicon grease is mixed with a white metal oxide filler. The one for lubrication generally is transparent.
The white silicone grease does dry out over time but that is in years and not months. If you do pull out anything after a long time which has grease under it you will have to reapply fresh grease while putting it back. Make sure you clean off the old grease before applying fresh grease.