Parallel TDA1541A non-o/s DAC Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear finney,

I ask for the sale dept of this company already. Small order will be OK. But include the postage , service charge looks not good when compare to pulse engineer PE-65612.

finnery,

let me tell U the different between the version I & version II first.
version II contain quite many Tailor made parts from taiwan computor PCB & parts factory..

One set of PCB, three pcs.
1. Pulse engineer PE-65612 digital input transformer will be standard parts for 1541a digital board.
Decoupling caps fitting place of 1541a was improved, which can fit a little large more decoupling caps. Remain resisters I/V but......... added OPA627 op-amp for directly output. It means U can adjust the feedback resisters of the opa627 to Adj output voltage....... Another reason is this board will all factory funish. U can directly connect this PCB & sounded, but will use opa627 output only. Pre-funish 1541a PCB will fit the philips( made in belgium 0.22 uf caps first).
Factory will QC the digital board already, I will check one more times too......!!!!!

LM317 & 337 will change to LT1033 & 1085 for the first 50 set.

(28 pcs of the MKP 1813 ERO caps will follow to diyers enjoy diy's interest. This is 2005 happy new year gift for diyers)

2. About the tube buffer PCB, Improvement the tube rectifier part, which can parallel use 6x4 with EZ80,81, we412a for rectifying or single use. use japan Sato switch to relief the computor jumper in version I.
pls click
http://www.satoparts.co.jp/site/menu/en/sw.htm

About the switch deatil. I test different switch many times & it was one of the less noise for used as a small selector between 6dj8 SRPP & 6C45 output stage. Use sato switch will more user friendly to diyers.

Battery bias was added into new PCB. Operation point of 6C45 need 1.25V bias. Use re-charable battery is good fit into it.

This PCB must funish by diyers themselves. This tube Buffer PCB choose same standard PCB as 1541a. Estimate funish time will 3 hours for this board. Diyer can use op-amp to test the sound of the 1541a ( parallel ) first & funish the tube buffer then connect them to enjoy.

3. The re-clock PCB is opinions because some diyers will not like to re-clock the DAC. Non-oversampling had its characteristic so I think some diyers will love more. They will not added the re-clock.

This reclock use japan KSS crystal factory OEM series, the best I can supply was 30ppm in good price from japan. This oscillator will use into the re-clock kits. Two re-clock circuit was fit into the re-clock PCB, use can try 74HC/VHC74 or 74HC/VHC74040 to tunning the sound. A little bit different when I test them. Two SMD to DIP adapter & 4 Single OP-amp change to Dual OP-amp adapter will also contain into this PCB. It means Diyers can easy to play AD811,844,opa627 in the output stage to tune the sound.

Parts I will use same grade as version I, but in tube PCB, pureism Bi-polar BP caps will use into the cathode cap of tubes.
Nichicon Muse & gold tune, Elna , OS-com will contain in the kit too.

Pls see photos of the new parts use in the version II kit.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010027.jpg
    p1010027.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 613
Dear finney,

I forget to tell U that I also had telfon PCB on hand. I think I will use this PCB to test with
http://www.scientificonversion.com/,
digital input trans,NPC SM5847 digital filter with PCM1704K chips for ultimate 24/96Khz DAC. Telfon PCB in high speed will lower noise.

Another I forget to tell U is version II I will follow with one NOS MINIWATT EZ80 ( Brand new) for diyers. This tube working with very good performance in the tube buffer. Unless U use the telefunken,or Valvo made in Holland. Diyers not need to use the cheapest sovtek one to worse the sound quality.

This is one of the 2005 new year gift for them.

thx

thomas

Attachments

• p1010028.jpg
    p1010028.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 586
Hi Thomas

Thank you for the detailed info. More space for the 1541 decoupling caps is definitely a big welcome. Now I can try to play with various PP caps. Lots of $$ but worth of the money, I believe. The OP627 output stage is also a big plus. So I can still use the spare Caddock TF02s for I/V. Somehow I feel for 1541 NOS dac, active I/V is not that critical as the output current of 1541 can settle in about 1us.

How about the LPF?

For the cathode cap, have you done any comparison between Pureism and BG N? I have no way to find Pureism here. Part Connexion also has problem to fill up BG orders in a timely manner these days. Very frustrating!

Do you plan to sell the 1704 teflon board? Still with a tube buffer? Full balanced or not?

-finney

Dear finney,

I was planned to build a ultimate 24/96Khz DAC which will common use the tube buffer output to lower the digital sound.

http://www.scientificonversion.com/,
scientificonversion digital input had very good spec for me to design ultimate items. I was interest fit PCM 1704 K grade, TCXO (1ppm 28.5760 oscillator) with CS8420/8414 & DF1704. Than pass with telfon PCB what will be the performance!!!!
All parts was less jitter, hope will better. I was talking with taiwan that can prepare a factory produced small PCB for SM5847 which same as many legs VIA or intel chips for diyers easy fitted. Then they can use DF1704 or NPC SM5847 for their person choice.

I was very interest for that. I will try this experience!!

1541A & this 24/96 I prepare common use the tube buffer. Less some money to buy more softare to enjoy music!
Right!

Finney, If I really produce the telfon PCB, all the resisters & chips will SMD in lower PPM resisters. So I will suggest factory produce. Mainly is high quality in reasonable price. I was not a merchant, I was a crazy diyer only.

At last I like to said was good price ratio for diy product is most important.

Profit is not important.

thx

thomas

Dear finney,

For the cathode cap, have you done any comparison between Pureism and BG N? I have no way to find Pureism here. Part Connexion also has problem to fill up BG orders in a timely manner these days. Very frustrating!

Actually in my test, In 6C45 output stage use OS-con & balckgate will very thin & weak sound field sound although quite deatil. Like a cheap DVD player sound. Not said they sound bad, but not my cup of tea. Pureism BP cap not excellent. But higher density in mid freq & deatil. This will soft the rough of 6c45 sound. This is the same reason why I buy a lot of EZ80 from overseas for the new tube buffer. I hope to use NOS tube character to weak/ smooth 6c45 or other sovtek tube rough hear sound.

Special in the 6C45 output stage. use battery bias can clear the background. BP pureism can higher desity the mid-freq. Tea or coffee. which one U will choice.
The battery in the battery not need to change very frequency. the current running also 10~12ma in that place. but when operate will same time recharge almost 6~8 ma. So one AAA battery need half a year to recharge only. But very interest was different recharable battery had different performance. I think this was effect by different internal resistance.

About the XLR & AES output stage. I prepare use scientificonversion's digital 110 ohm input trans into it but mainly was the price that this company offer to me. Diyer only will consume small amount.

hope I can solve this problem.

thx

thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.