Paradise Builders

Hmmh,

it looks like I have the same problems? as Pepperman,

Output voltage is very low but wandering +0,03 to -0,03 v

Ext. RIAA 2,2 V

Dummy load 47R

Input is zero across the dummy resistor (but not changing when I use the trimmer!)

Regards,
Christoph

Tried a little more measurings to find my fault(s).
I can verify most of Heseners values, he published in the schematic amplifier annotated.pdf http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/216891-paradise-phono-stage.html but I have ca. 5 V at pin 6 of the opa134 (should be around 0,5 V), on both of my boards.
Don't know how to fix this.

Christoph

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Output voltage is very low but wandering +0,03 to -0,03 v

Regards,
Christoph

With 10KOhm dummy it was underneath 1V, now it is underneath 100mV.

Looking good.

Let the boards on for some days... the output offset will come down as the capacitors settle.

In my case, I was able to listen to good sounds once the offset became lower than 15mV

After some time, the offset is now 4mV

Thanks, Marra,
I know. Because I wanted to user Conrad in germany I was loooking at the german page. They only offer the mentioned type but it is different to the one you ordered.
So to avoid sending from UK (which takes longer) i can choose between:

They are both from diotec,
one with UCEO -50V / I=1A
and one with UCEO -45V and 800mA

There are no ones from germany with -45V / 1A. What parameter is more important -45V or 1A?

This is even more crazy. UK sells for 5 pence (equal to 6 cent) but does not deliver outside UK. conrad.com sells the same spec for 18 cent, that is three times the price in UK!!! For the difference one could order in UK and send it to Germany and still save money ...

Just ordered 200 of each type from Conrad-UK. Quantity discount on 327/40 = £0.03 each nett, NO QUANTITY discount on the 337/40(!!!!!) so they cost the full £0.09 each!!!:mad:

Seems strange. I will phone them in a couple of days and report back.

The cheapest source for the Diotec BC327-40 and BC337-40 I found, is SOSElectronic in Slovakia:

BC327-40TAPE DIOTEC | SOS electronic

€0.0168 per transistor plus VAT (minimum order 100)

BC337-40TAPE DIOTEC | SOS electronic

€0.0166 per transistor plus VAT (minimum order 100)

Further discounts apply.

Possible drawbacks are:

- minimum order €50

- apparently doesn't deliver to private persons, only to companies.