Papa, Watt's next?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After all, return can be made from us.....who wouldnt spend a little extra to have the actual Pass parts?

Be realistic, Nelson is not in parts selling business. Listen, there are already Semi South available power jFets to be purchased. We are not even remotely "there" yet, in terms of use of available and existing Power jFets. Not to many schematics, not too many experiences shared, not too many mods... So why hoping for unobtainable, when available ones are not explored that much. The ones that I tried sound exceptional. Try them first.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
:rofl:

there is always Holly Grail in audio DIY ........

and you're right - that there is simply no meaning trying to walk in same rhythm with Papa , just because we are at least 10 steps behind ;

should we just ask - where are all those LU jfets , bought by Greedy Boyz ?

seems that just few dozens are singing ......

and after these - we had depletion mosfets , current SS Jfets ........ and just then Papafets .

there is still long way ....... to be worth of asking for possibility of buying these most current ones

:clown:

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hi

While looking at BAF photos, there was something that caught my attention: BOB, actually its backside... :D

I noticed something that looks like a simple first order passive crossover, with just a coil and a cap. Wouldn't be surprised to find out it's a simple series one... :eek:

100 uF high pass , 12 mH low pass

Also, I put 0.25 mH in series with the Lowther PM6C
to trim the top.

:cool:

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Vladimir took a nice picture:

Attachments

• PassFets.jpg
    PassFets.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 392
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
BOB is the Big Open Baffle, what started out to be a nice
little article that has turned into War and Peace.

At BAF the SEAS driver had its own baffle 24"w x 72"h
with 15" wings.

Here's some response pics on it. Note that the first three
do not include the high frequency range.

Attachments

• 40 SEAS PIC.JPG
    40 SEAS PIC.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 4,212
  • 41 SEAS NF.gif
    41 SEAS NF.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 897
  • 42 SEAS 1M.gif
    42 SEAS 1M.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 848
  • 44 SEAS 1M EQ.gif
    44 SEAS 1M EQ.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 813
  • 43 SEAS 1M VS LISTENING.gif
    43 SEAS 1M VS LISTENING.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 855
You have figured me out. Also, I would not be seen in an
entry-level Ferrari.

Next step...

"Pass labs signs deal with Ferrari for exclusive supply of SIT based in-car audio systems. "

followed shortly afterwards by

"Nelson Pass takes delivery of top of the range Ferrari" :D

Darn you, why did you say that, i'd park my sleeping bag at the dealer's front door for a (free, i hope) test drive in Pass automotivated sound wheels.
(with heatsink-hot Master Carred plastic and a borrowed furr coat to have a chance to pass the screening, of course, should be obvious)

Even in a Fuh..., Fuhh..., Oh, forgetaboudit. :headbash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.