• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Pair Quad II in all original condition... restore or sell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Probably won't need to do too much work on the 33 unless you are missing boards or want a slightly different sound as you can buy the aftermarket boards and populate them yourself.

The 303 can be a big job depending how much you need to do to restore them (we're back to that now, aren't we?) or how far you want to modify them (new speaker output posts, recapping, changing the trimmers, to upgradinging with the power supply and replacing transistors).

Might want to start a new thread with pictures of your newly acquired Quads with sand.

The 33 and 303 will be a recap and dodgy resistors job - I'll also add trimpots to the 303 and mod one of the 33 boards to handle a contemporary line. other than that (initially at least) I'll leave any other mods alone.

That should see the 303 up and running so I'll have something to listen to while I spend time gently resuscitating the valve gear.

The 303 and the Quad IIs aren't here tonight so I'll up some photos and open threads in the right place once it is all over here at my study.

The valves i found today are as follows;

8 x Mullard ECC83
1 x Mullard ECL82
1 x Mullard EZ80
2 x Mullard ECL86
1 x Mullard EF86
1 x Mullard EZ81

They all look in top condition nice and silvery - need to find a tube tester around Cornwall in the UK - then think up a nice DIY build to use them in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.