Overview about words largest Subwoofer Drivers/Transducers (SUBWOOFER BEAST)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
High Resolution Images wanted of world's largest Transducer: Mitsubishi's D160

Who can upload colored high resolution images from this model (Diatone series) ?
I guess, in Japan there are several users of this subwoofer.

In the attached pic only a low resolution version (front view).

Attachments

• MIT-Diatone D160.jpg
    MIT-Diatone D160.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 283
The Hartley is kind of unique in that instead of a long voice-coil with tons of coil ouside the gap, it used a moving-iron former that caused all the coil to be active against the gap about the same regardless of cone position (in or out) and not requiring a lot of coil length for the motor to remain linear across its displacement. Heavy to have the iron magnetic structure moving, but hey it's only supposed to move slow to make bass!

Those flat square Sony drivers with 5 coil/magnet motors look interesting to me! Glue two such diaphragms together face to face for one driver with the characteristics of an isobaric...well, with 10 motor structures more like a deca-baric but drop the 'isobaric' bull and admit it's a driver design. Wish I could still get some to play with.

The Hartley is kind of unique in that instead of a long voice-coil with tons of coil ouside the gap, it used a moving-iron former that caused all the coil to be active against the gap about the same regardless of cone position (in or out) and not requiring a lot of coil length for the motor to remain linear across its displacement. Heavy to have the iron magnetic structure moving, but hey it's only supposed to move slow to make bass!

Those flat square Sony drivers with 5 coil/magnet motors look interesting to me! Glue two such diaphragms together face to face for one driver with the characteristics of an isobaric...well, with 10 motor structures more like a deca-baric but drop the 'isobaric' bull and admit it's a driver design. Wish I could still get some to play with.
Mean you the driver from the attached pics?

Sony SUP-T11 - Audio Voice Acoustics
SONY 2" SUP-T11

Attachments

• Sony flat square loudspeaker driver front.jpg
    Sony flat square loudspeaker driver front.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Sony flat square loudspeaker driver rear.jpg
    Sony flat square loudspeaker driver rear.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 260
  • Sony SUP-T11-V.jpg
    Sony SUP-T11-V.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Sony SUP-T11-III.jpg
    Sony SUP-T11-III.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Sony SUP-T11-II.jpg
    Sony SUP-T11-II.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Sony SUP-T11-I.jpg
    Sony SUP-T11-I.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Sony SUPT11-IIII.jpg
    Sony SUPT11-IIII.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Sony SUPT11-III.jpg
    Sony SUPT11-III.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 251
  • Sony SUPT11-I.jpg
    Sony SUPT11-I.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 253
Hi,

regarding flat membrane drivers the Technics panels offered more diaphragm area than the Sonys and looked to be more refined.
Unfortunately I´ve never seen or heard one of these panels, since they seemingly never made it to Germany.

jauu
Calvin

pic1: AFP-100
pic2: AFP-1000
pic3: AFP-1000 cut-construction view
pic4: AFP-10

Attachments

• Technics afp100.jpg
    Technics afp100.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Technics afp1000-h.jpg
    Technics afp1000-h.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Technics afp1000-in.jpg
    Technics afp1000-in.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 86
  • Technics sb-afp10.JPG
    Technics sb-afp10.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Concerning Hartley check out this threads for more informations:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/mult...e-european-loudspeaker-drivers-ever-made.html (post #17)
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/142532-24-hartley-photos.html
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/106532-enclosures-hartley-24-a.html
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/subwoofers/111572-hartley-18-woofer.html

Hi,
regarding flat membrane drivers the Technics panels offered more diaphragm area than the Sonys and looked to be more refined.
Unfortunately I´ve never seen or heard one of these panels, since they seemingly never made it to Germany. jauu Calvin
Interesting loudspeakers. perhaps a member from Japan can upload additional pictures and papers.

Last edited:
..Precision Devices PD2450 - good known, highest quality and best available of all - and together with PD-2150 my own favorite..QUOTE]

b
..... and highest produced quantities so as very inexpensive/cheap compared to exotic devices like ALE, Goto and some other (also my own favorite transducer models together with McCauley; this brand is only inexpensive available in the u.s.).
Who knows the brand and model number of the transducer from the attached photos?
No informations?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.