output devices on X -X.5 and XA.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
......he studies them with the contribute of the people on the forum but then perfects and improves and takes it to another level on his commercial products:
Let me ask you: have you wonder why he publishes the FW schematics but not the commercial ones? I mean there must be a reson....just curiousity!!

Attachments

• notthinking.gif
    notthinking.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 125
Lowther's also don't appeal to me either. The only measurements I've ever seen of one is a extremely ragged response caused by extreme cone break-up and also with very high levels of distortion.

That's right it was Troels who measured one...

Lowther EX3
The PM6a is a completely different kettle of fish to the EX3
The whizzer has been massively improved to what is on the driver that Troels reviewed

Last edited:
Stefanoo
Please read every article by Nelson Pass about 20 times each (many people around here have indeed done that), then build at least 3 of his amps and then build one of his or Troels (or many others) high efficiency OB designs
I guarantee your opinion will slowly change

Last edited:
You have an excellent system. I really do hope you enjoy it and also hope you get to enjoy one of Nelson's newer amps. I bet it is a treat. I am going to leave you alone and go back to bothering ZM. Its more fun.

Your comment reminded me that I have to contact Nelson about an improvement he can make on his F6 based on my listening experience :headbash:

ok gosh...here I was asked why I was here to build or what??? But darn...just go back and check the first post and you will understand (till we started arguing about stupid speakers).
I don't care if you don't like my 800, I just debate the fact that people here take the liberty to decide that something doesn't work right without having tried it or even worse not even having the proper gear to evaluate them.

/5h Element
For the DAC, you can have 500dollars of stuff inside, number one, it is not a lot of money to begin with, number two it is not a matter of how many things you put inside (and here I want to show that I don't care how much it costs) but how you put them and number three especially on DACs the company gets access to chips you and I can only dream of.

Anyway, I am not saying that your DAC is not great as I haven't listened to it, I am just saying that don't assume until you have done A/B comparison on a proper set up.

/Mellon Head (you really got a funny nickname!!)
I have read Nelson's article and found them very delightufl thanks, don't need to read them 20 times, and I don't need to build 3 of his amps......and whathever else....what is this a doctor's prescription?
Like I said, I want to get another X250 use the hardware to generate another better power amp.
What I will use for topology not sure yet.

Don't want to argue about F5,3,6 ,8, 10000....however I am interesting on looking at the monoblock Sit (which I have never seen) you were mentioning.

could you post a link?

Last edited:
Don't want to argue about F5,3,6 ,8, 10000....however I am interesting on looking at the monoblock Sit (which I have never seen) you were mentioning.

could you post a link?

The SIT monoblocks are a beautiful amp, just not sure they will be a great match with your speakers. They are low powered amps.
I reckon you need speakers around 96dB/2.83V

Last edited:
judging by last 10 or so posts , it seems you'll be ignored rest of the thread

boyz don't like when they realize that someone is not reading their replies

:rofl:

OK dude understand one thing. 3-4 different users are posting at the same time.
Do you see the amount of posts by you and others vs. mine?
It is hard to keep track of every of them...why don' tyou try?

BTW I have made good points which people just skipped you included!!!

Understand that you guys are just shooting on me!!! Which is number one unfair and number two shows lack of respect!

The SIT monoblocks are a beautiful amp, just not sure they will be a great match with your speakers. They are low powered amps.
I reckon you need speakers around 96dB/2.83V

Well, can't they also be scaled up to more power?
My intent is to use the HW from 2 X250s which can hold up a lot of heat dissipation!!

I am interest mostly on the design then I will be elaborating something perhaps on my own but it will take a while.
I mean for instance, the SE bias is something interesting to try.
Different Technology is something inteersting to try.
I will try a lot of thingsd and decide for the best.
The only firm point is that it is gouing to be 250W and will have as much Class A + SE as the heatsink can reasonably handle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.