Ottawa DIY winter 2014

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mark's Golden Ears.jpg

Some how I missed this the first time.

Wished I could have been there but got back to town Sunday morning at 4am (but with a big smile on my face).

Owen, can you please provide details on the uber amp? Looks like a pile of National parts cunningly arranged to melt voice coils and savage spiders.

Dave

PS Mark, you know what they say about a guy that needs big speakers...

Mark, Procrastination gets the better of me sometimes...

Your speakers are amongst the best I have ever heard. They have this effortless quality about them, I guess in part due to their super efficiency. The music was just "There"...

Congratulations..

I truly hope they get the attention they deserve.

Happy Thanksgiving! It's planning time!

Hi everyone :) I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving weekend.
While you are relaxing after dinner, give some thought to when we should meet to plan our 2015 event. I'm currently available any weekend in November, would like to meet before December if possible.

Those who need a social outing with like-minded individuals sooner can check out the Ottawa Vintage Radio Club (OVRC) auction on Sunday Oct 25:
Ottawa Vintage Radio Club

John

Good to hear from you guys!
May have to send out some emails to stir things up.
If anyone is interested in showing off projects underway, I can book the lab at Artengine - a good sized room with folding table and chairs. Can demo the laser cutter for people at the same time. No fee, as I'm a member. Can bring food in.
John

Meeting location choices

I sent out PMs to 22 members who I could tell were from the Ottawa area, so we should have a few more checking in soon.
The lab space at Artengine is open most weekends and evenings in November, from what I can tell now. Wednesday and Thursday nights are however booked. The benefit of using the lab is that people can bring projects to set up and discuss, and there are workbenches, soldering stations, and even an oscilloscope if people want to work on anything. Artengine is in the Arts Court building, across Nicholas from Rideau Centre.

So what do you prefer?
a) Art Engine weeknight
b) Art Engine Sunday
c) a restaurant/pub lunch

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.