Oscilloscope woes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi jitter,
What I am really waiting for here is whether the Agilent software works or not. If so, then how does your remote connection work?

I would tend to trust the dumps from the scope more than the remote application.

-Chris

Sadly, no luck. The "Keysight Connection Expert" connects to it just fine, but then other Keysight applications (e.g. "BenchVue" or "Intuilink") tell me that the Rigol is not supported.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi jitter,
Darn it! The connection expert is good for troubleshooting your basic connectivity then. Too bad that the Agilent software people are actually good at their job. What this tells you is that the other applications would very probably have worked fine, but they have been blocked in programming. This further tells us that they expected users to try the Agilent software because Rigol isn't up to their standards (programming).

I wonder what that decision came down to. It would have been great if Agilent would have "talked to" your Rigol.

-Chris

I haven't really had time to seriously play around with it other than what I had already posted in this thread. But yes, I'm still very satisfied with the price/quality ratio.

The layout of the controls is pretty good, but some of the printing is in white letters on light gray. Hard to see. The fan is loud and the BNCs of the probes are hard to grip.
Other than those easy-to-forgive-because-of-the-low-price foibles, I really can't complain.

BNCs of the probes are hard to grip.

Jitter, I seem to recall that at one time you could get torque amplifier collars for BNC connectors. Can't find any suppliers now. Google search has become almost worthless. But you might even be able to make your own with epoxy. Idea being to duplicate the knurled plastic collar like on Tek probes. Maybe make some practice tries on regular BNC connectors before mucking with your probe ends.
Just a thought.
Doc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.