• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

(one more) ALEPH P 1.7 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have stupid question too.What kind of input selector and volume should i use?Should i use rca input and balanced output or bal and rca in and bal out?
regards.dusan

Hi Dusan

you can have balance output & rca

for input, if you want balance input & RCA
you must use switch, when use RCA you must connecting - to G

but for easyness & cheaper cost i suggest you use RCA connector

Rgds, Jeff

Hi

as i know, this 4 GANGS
is for balance or stereo
not for BALANCE STEREO

if for balance stereo
needs 8 GANGS
one mistake of solder
will make this broken

If i can give you suggestion
buy it alps, noble or TKD
it is easy to use

Rgds, Jeff

Incorrect. A four-deck pot or attenuator is all you need for balanced (L+/L-/R+/R-). And yes, if you have both balanced (XLR) and single-ended (RCA) wired up in parallel for an input channel, you need to short the - signal to ground to use the single-ended (RCA) input. On the actual Pass Labs preamp, shorting plugs are provided for this purpose.

BTW, I have a built set of these boards which I am going to sell, if anyone is interested in them. Tested and working. PM me and we can discuss.

BG N capacitors

I have been trying to get hold of some BG N cpaacitors but they have not been made for some time now and are unobtainable via any enquiries i have been able to make - Does anybody know where i can buy these 47uf an 10uf capactitors from (or does anyone have some to sell)?

A source for matched FET's would also be very useful.

Boards

I am not sure if this is typical but I have paid for my boards from veteran over a month ago and have yet to receive word whether he has sent them, is going to send them, or if I can even expect to hear back from him. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? Is veteran slammed and simply too busy to reply? Either way, if someone give me a clue what to expect I would greatly appreciate it.

Ark

Received my boards

I wanted to update my last post and say that I recieved my boards and they are great. The workmanship that veteran produces in very impressive. I am extremely excited and want to thank Veteran for taking the time out of his obviously busy schedule to provide neophytes like myself the opportunity to experience audio nirvana through their expertise. I have learned an incredible amount from contributors such as Veteran and look forward to learning more.

Thanks again Veteran for the great boards and sharing your experience.

Its greatly appreciated.

Ark

I have a built and tested set that I would sell. PM me if interested.

Chris
Still have these if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_1876.jpg
    IMG_1876.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_1878.jpg
    IMG_1878.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_1877.jpg
    IMG_1877.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 632
This would require a transformer and your choice of input selection and volume control. At a minimum it would require a selector switch capable of handling balanced signals for up to 4 inputs, and a 4-channel pot, such as some of the Alps pots available on ebay. Plus jacks, casing, etc. PM me if interested.

I am asking $140 US plus shipping, but feel free to make an offer, as I don't need these since buying a commercial Pass Aleph P1.7.

Only premium parts used throughout. Vishay-Dale RN60/RN55 resistors, with PRPs in the signal path; Panasonic TS-HA 1000uf/100V caps for PSU filtering. FETs were from Taraesque and matched (and I have a couple of extras). Coupling caps are Elna Silmic IIs on input (10uf), Elna Cerafines on the output (47uf), both bypassed with Vishay 0.1uf MKP1837s. I also have some 47uf Elna Silmic IIs for the output that I would include. Black Gates were not easily found when I built this, and the prices were getting pretty stupid for questionable value. If anything, film caps would be better in these positions. Nelson Pass likes the Silmic IIs a lot also.

Here is a link to the BOM I used, but this does not include the input/output caps, PRP resistors, PCBs, etc. or shipping. Pricing in this BOM is more than a year old also.

https://home.comcast.net/~youngc1/Al...Parts List.xls

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.