One (1!!) transistor clapping...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nahhhhhh.. :clown:

More like this....

Attachments

• amp.gif
    amp.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 589
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Safety first, boys.

Ah...I see the fresh stock of diodes has arrived.;)

Hi Jorge,

The greatest problem ...is the offset....IMHO

I honestly wouldn't know how big that offset would be if you connect an 8 R load.

Any suggestion on your part to null it...if possible at all?

Wouldn't an OPT take care of it?

I mean, he must have a xformer somewhere in there, mustn't he?;)

Right, Steve?

Ciao,;)

Any suggestion on your part to null it...if possible at all?

Yes a servo as SY say ...or to use feedback at DC...if you don't want change the design of the amp...

But there are others bad things in the design...the input and the pot is referenced to the negatif rail...and the output to the center point of the power supply....there will be some ripple betwen this two points...

It needs a lot of work....;)

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

The answer is a s-e-r-v-o.

I didn't see that...Ouch.:cannotbe:

Hi Till,

A cap would do. And some volts offset would be advantageos in this case.

That would have to be a big motha ********r for an 8 R load, won't it?

frank, wrong forum.

And all fingers are now pointing at SE for suggesting triodes and not unerstanding pentodes...:goodbad:

Cheers,;)

fdegrove said:
That would have to be a big motha ********r for an 8 R load, won't it?

I'm using a 4,700 uF Black Gate N on my Sziklai follower. Works fine.

And all fingers are now pointing at SE for suggesting triodes and not unerstanding pentodes...:goodbad: [/B]

Hehehe. I was just in a bit of a quandry about all those extra grids with regard to considering it a single active device. I'd prefer to stick with just three elements, whether they be base/emitter/collector, gate/source/drain or grid/cathode/plate. Much more elegant.

se

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Best solution is to use a single rail power supply...

Not sure if that can work with the complimentary FETS, I am more of tube dude, ya see...

But as far as the CT powerxformer goes, if we'd use a 0-24 VAC one and create a virtual midpoint with 2 resistors, wouldn't that cancel any ripple at the output?

Just thinking outloud here.

A 10.000 uF capacitor will have a impedance at 50 Hz of 0,3 Ohms...a very reasonnable value...

I still feel Single Ended Steve diserves a nice OPT, wouldn't you say?:clown:

Cheers,;)

The Schematic that Steve has posted is a good starting point but needs additional engineering work. I've seen this design somewhere before, maybe something from l'Audiophile? Also looks very similar to the ZEN V5...

If someone's interested in I'll make a design, wich will prbaby work and - of course - with the suppessor diodes at the input :happy1:

bocka said:
The Schematic that Steve has posted is a good starting point but needs additional engineering work. I've seen this design somewhere before, maybe something from l'Audiophile? Also looks very similar to the ZEN V5...

Zen V5? You mean Zen Variations Part 5? That's a complimentary push-pull design.

Closest thing I've seen is a little amp that Gordon Rankin did. Though it used a step-up input transformer driving a power triode in common cathode mode so you were getting voltage gain from both the transformer and the active device.

Haven't seen anything using a step-up input transformer driving a follower. Not for a power amp anyway. Though I'm sure someone somewhere has done it before. It's too much of a no-brainer.

If someone's interested in I'll make a design, wich will prbaby work and - of course - with the suppessor diodes at the input :happy1:

We keep going like this and we'll have cornered the market on clamping diodes. :)

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.