• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD Simplistic Mosfet HV Shunt (The Simpler Simplistic Design by Salas)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Quang Hao,

I received my Kit the other day, would like to Say Thank-you, the quality is outstanding, I have one question so far the Caps C6 and C18, I noticed that they are not used on your board are they needed or is there some special circumstance where they are required, I do have them in my parts so can use them if they will improve circuit.

Regards Jezza

Hi quang Hao,

I have completed my kit but I would like to check as I am new to electronics can I power up the SSHV without any load to check operation, also can I power up th phono stage and check voltages before inserting the tubes, hope this makes sense,

Regards Jezza

Hi! you test it is the sample image in this link!:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quan...hono-tube-pre-simplistic-mosfet-hv-shunt.html

Post 3
Use R 4.4-10 k/10E for Load, without Phono!
Thanks

Hi QH,

I received the SSHV pcb. Thank you.

Curious, what is the silk screen, long thick line that goes from RC3 down to the edge of the board? has 2 holes on each side.

What are those huge 3 holes near at the caps?

Thanks.

it is good!
The cap dual you can use it, it is on option
2 caps 220uF/450 v can replace cap 100uF + 100uF/500V jensen!
Thanks

Hi Quang Ho

Have powered up SSHV and all is good, had to adjust low voltage as I was seeing 9v, adjusted down to 6.31v so that is okay.

What voltage should I be Seeing at Pin 7 on V1< I am seeing

V1=93.5v
V2=69.5v
V3=61.3v
V4=79.8v

Should these voltages be closer to each other??

Regards
Jezza

Hi Quang Ho

Have powered up SSHV and all is good, had to adjust low voltage as I was seeing 9v, adjusted down to 6.31v so that is okay.

What voltage should I be Seeing at Pin 7 on V1< I am seeing

V1=93.5v
V2=69.5v
V3=61.3v
V4=79.8v

Should these voltages be closer to each other??

Regards
Jezza

The filemant 6.0 to 6.3 V, it is good!
you can set , V1 +V 4 for out out
V2 + V3 (69, 61V) for in put
The D3a , alway is not the sample!
Not: +B = 200V. it is good! you okly choice 2 tube the sample V, for out, and in!

You need to position the island for another tube, to find the most similar pairs,
Since most are not the same tube D3A the voltage parameters! The difference is quite large! But sounds very good!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Quang-ho,
connected up my pre-amp today, but something is not right, I have very little volume and no bass, I have changed the valves around, Input valves reading
V2=66v
V4=65v
Output valves
V1=92v
V4=63v

I have checked everything and cannot see anything, could it be the .22uf caps are too low...

Any advice would be appreciated.
How can i measure Mv in and out??

Regards Jezza

Hi, thank-you for the info, I think I may have found the problem, the resistors R22,R23,R40and R41 are supposed to be 820k, the resistors sent to me are only 820 ohm, do you think this would cause my problem I have not taken them out as yet as i have to go to work to earn a living. Just another question is there any problem using co-axial cable to go from rca plugs to the board and from the board to the amp as interconnects.

Regards Jezza

Hi, thank-you for the info, I think I may have found the problem, the resistors R22,R23,R40and R41 are supposed to be 820k, the resistors sent to me are only 820 ohm, do you think this would cause my problem I have not taken them out as yet as i have to go to work to earn a living. Just another question is there any problem using co-axial cable to go from rca plugs to the board and from the board to the amp as interconnects.

Regards Jezza

no use 820R
use 820k// or 1M//.
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.